Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekend-Wrap Up, Award Time!!

I may be the only person in the US right now that really doesn't give a rat's ass about the Super Bowl.  For my Cheese Head relatives and friends, I am very excited that the Packers are there, however, Chubby Hubby has banned any cheering for the green and gold.  So since I have been banished to my little office corner, I thought I might graciously accept a couple of awards given to me last week.  I love getting tagged because it give me something to blog about.
 The wonderful Ms. M gave me the 7 Facts Blog award.  This is a girl that I need to switch places with....She is in Texas and wanting to live in Minnesota, and me...well, I am the opposite!  There isn't too much that you probably do not already know about me, but here are 7 more random facts.

1.  I really hate Winter.  I am sure you are shocked by this statement.  Hockey and Netflix have made this Winter a tad tolerable.  Moving south isn't an option because all of our family and most of our friends are here and we would miss them too much.
2.  Aveda Blue Oil and Burt's Bees Lip Balm are two items I cannot live without.  I have a thing for peppermint.
3.  Chubby Hubby and I met our Freshman year of college.  Minus a two week break-up we have been together since January of 1993.  Time to trade him in for a new model...I kid.  I kid.
4.  Holy Moses,  I just realized that last real job interview that I had was back in 1999.  EEK!  I will be in big trouble if I ever decide to leave my current job.  I know it sucks to have a job with great management and fabulous coworkers.....and the work isn't half bad either.
5.  I am not a fan of shopping.  If I can't find it at Target, I really don't need it that bad.
6.  I am trying to become a reader.  I like reading but I just never make time to do it.  Right now I am carving out a few minutes before bed. 
7.  I am very excited for 2011 goals...especially Twin Cities Marathon on October 2nd!


The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award
Thank you Charbelle for the tag.
Guilty Pleasures
Food
Chubby Hubby's popcorn with the undisclosed amount of butter, Top the Tater Dip (a Minnesota favorite chip dip), Chocolate scones from the cafe in my building, cheap wine, and good coffee. 
Movies
The movies Blazing Saddles, Dirty Dancing and Bring it On are just 3 of my favorites that I love to watch and quote time and time again.
Music
I have some pretty crazy stuff on my iPod, I have pretty much everything from classical to hard core rap....cartoon themes to country (only a couple country ones though).  I am not ashamed to admit that I have a few songs from Phineas and Ferb (my kids' favorite cartoon).  Those songs are quite catchy and have a great rhythm for running.
Facebook
I am always amazed at how small the world is and I love finding out and seeing how people are linked....the whole 6 degrees of separation thing.  I also love reading status updates.  The funny ones make my day.  There are some that are cryptic and drama filled and quite honestly, I like them too.  It is like a real life soap opera!


I am supposed to tag people back so TAG you are all it!
I guess the game is over.  Congrats Packers!!!!

7 comments:

Charbelle said...

Yay so much fun to read your answers!!! Your Ipod play lists sounds like one I would really enjoy!!

Kelly said...

I love me some Phineas and Ferb!

S-I-M-P squirrels in my pants....if I ran with music I would so put that song on there :)

Jess said...

I feel similiarly about shopping. I like getting the stuff, but it often feels like such work getting it, that it doesn't feel enjoyable at all to me.

lifestudent said...

We have quite a few things in common. I met my hubby freshman year in college, I'm a big fan of 2 of your favorite movies, and my music selections are quite similar to yours :)

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Off-topic here, but something I gotta do:

I am making the rounds thanking the people who were so kind to me during our latest family crisis and that includes you.

So, thanks!

With any luck, I will be back to my dickish old self soon enough.

The Lazy Triathlete said...

You are lucky--sometimes I want to be banished to my room. LOL.

I too hate winter and I am ready for it to end. I just hate shopping. I go BUY things, but I don't shop.

FruitFly said...

Dirty Dancing is such a classic! And you know, even thought is getting to be pretty old, it still holds up. I don't watch it and think that it is old or outdated at all. Definitely one of my top favorite movies of all time!