Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up-Hockey, Puking, and Winning the Lottery

Friday night, Chubby Hubby and I scored some sweet Gopher Hockey Tickets from one of my coworkers.  We had a blast and we had 3rd row seats.  It was an amazing view; there is nothing like seeing the facial expression on someone getting checked into the boards.  We go to games any chance we get.

To celebrate the Gopher's 5-2 win over Michigan Tech, we grabbed a burger at Buffalo Wild Wings.  A couple of hours later, Cubby Hubby's joy went down the toilet....literally.  He was sicker than a dog.  He spent the majority of the weekend on the couch.  I avoided him at all costs.  I am desperately trying not to get this sickness.  Although....he has lost a NOTICEABLE amount of weight and I am a wee bit jealous.

Speaking of hockey, this weekend, the boys had their last practice and last hockey game.  I am not going to lie, I am SAD that the season is over.  The boys had a blast and LOVED the sport.  Back in October, neither one of them could skate.  AT. ALL.  Today my oldest son played on an select team mixed with advanced players.  I don't sound like a proud hockey mom at all, do I?  Well, this family is hooked on this crazy sport. The next 15 years and our retirement money will probably be spent in cold ice arenas.
I can always pick out my kid....he is the freakishly tall one with the bright red socks
We call him the bowling ball....he skates as fast as he can only to knock down several players in the process

Diva is getting ready for next year!

Chubby Hubby the trooper.....he didn't want to miss the last game of the season and he got roped into working the clock.  He was so sick he had to leave after the first game...and he has been on the couch ever since.


Last night, I got some GREAT news....I am in for the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon!!!!!!  I have registered so many times and this is only my second time having my name drawn.  Wooo Hooo!  I know it is crazy to get this excited over a half marathon but my life has been in limbo for several months and it is so great to have something go my way!  I know that sounds a bit dramatic and I know it is but sometimes it is the little things that can make everything seem A.O.K.  Training starts ASAP.

15 comments:

Jess said...

Congrats on getting into Grandma's Half! How fun!

It seems inevitable that living in MN, your kids will play hockey, no use resisting! My nephews have been playing since they were each 2 going on 3. But it's a lot of work being a hockey parent -- schlepping kids all over the state with their equipment, so it's good you like it as much as they do!

Teamarcia said...

I hope hubby is better! Woot for getting in the race!

Jamoosh said...

Note to self: Never get a burger at a chicken joint. That sucks!

bobbi said...

YAY!! So glad you got in - I hope we get the chance to meet!

I admit, one of the things I miss MOST about MN living is hockey-mania. I still watch it every chance I get...

Al's CL Reviews said...

My family was a hockey family, yet I still don't understand it. But it is fun to go to a game.

Congrats on the Half! When is it?

Al's CL Reviews said...

Oh and I've been to BWW's once. I don't like wings so I got a chicken sandwich. I'd rather eat a lean cuisine.

Carly said...

My brother played hockey growing up so we spent a lot of time at the rink. Can't say I was particularly thrilled about it, but I know he loves it.

Heather said...

Yay for getting into Grandma's half - when the planes flyover after the marathon start you can think of me just starting out waaay up north. :)

Mary said...

Yay!! Way to go, it should be wonderful! Good luck training, can't wait to follow!

lifestudent said...

Yeah, I could use a bout of the stomach flu right about now. I've got 5-10 lbs I just cant get rid of. I think I could handle a few horrible days just to get them off my mind.

Julie said...

Yay! We both got in:) I just found out on Monday morning and was not expecting it at all! Hopefully we can actually meet this time:)

Running Diva Mom said...

just found your blog -- keep up the great work!

Aka Alice said...

Congrats on the G-ma's 1/2...I know you've been workin' it for a couple of years (that I've been around). Hooray!

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Congrats on getting into the half. Luckily, I haven't been that sick in a while. Watch me jinx myself.

Dianabol said...

Greats and congrats on being drawn.

Dianne