Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Boot Camp Round 2

I am a glutton for punishment, I went back to Boot Camp.  This week I found strength in numbers because two of my friends also came to class.  It is nice to have people that I know around me when I start chanting curse words.  Misery loves company!

The first half of the class was devoted to squats, lunges, planks, squat jumps, push ups....all the fun things.  Not.   The second half of the class was devoted to work on the track which I have to say I enjoyed (but do not let the trainers hear that!).   We did running drills that I did in high school track and for a moment I got my competitve edge surfaced.  When they said sprint, I ran as fast as my legs would take me.  No times were recorded, but I was booking it.   If I don't die from this class, I may start seeing the benefit with my running. 

Dislikes:
  • Too many squat and lunges.  I really am feeling it in my knees.
  • Because of the high stress on the knees, I wish they had more modifications.  Unfortunately, the are equal opportunity ass kickers.  Keep up or get yelled at.
  • The trainers do not anything but bark orders at you whilst sitting on their arses.  I think if they are going to talk the talk, they need to walk the walk....just sayin'. 
  • Having to do these ass whooping workouts in front of the whole club.  I am sure I provide awesome entertainment for those that are watching while walking on the treadmill.
  • It is the longest hour of the whole week!
Likes:
*crickets*
I am sure I will like this class once my pants start getting baggy.  ha!

I am sore now, I can only imagine what getting out of bed will be like tomorrow!

16 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds fun!! I had a class full of boot campers who were SHOCKED I did most of it with them. Why not, if they have the form and you can go for it, I say do! The trainers should be able to do that x3!!

Lori said...

I think the trainers should do it, too, although I guess that takes away the military feeling.

Squats will help your running, that is for sure!

Melinda said...

Bootcamps are hard...but they do yield results. Honestly, I've seen results faster than ever since I've been doing bootcamp!

Megan said...

props to you. I would never put myself through that BS! (love the "crickets" comment btw)

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

ok i probably really needed to read this.. I have a Personal Trainer apt tomorrow that i kind of wanted to just bail on because of all the squats and lunges and how friggin bad it hurts...but I know that it's good for me somehow right?!!

Carly said...

I've always wanted to try a class like this. There's one that they run at a local park which is literally on the side of a busy road so everyone that drives by is watching you. Hahaha... Maybe that's why I haven't jumped on it yet.

Running Down a Dream said...

Haha "crickets". Awesome job at bootcamp! :)

Sammie Girl said...

After attending a true Boot Camp (ok, the Army calls it Basic Training now) I can tell you the instructors do not participate in the fun and games besides yelling! I have actually thought about checking out some of the boot camp classes, maybe one day!

Al's CL Reviews said...

That's all you.

Mik said...

Articles are created to express different body of knowledge. That is why I admire writers who are passionate of doing such incredible job. I salute you guys. By the way, I like your post; I look forward for your subsequent post’s…Boot Camp Sydney

Brittany said...

Good for you for going! Bootcamps are always painful haha!

Jess said...

I could never like a class like that. Being yelled at just doesn't motivate me in the least.

Stacey said...

*crickets* That made me laugh!

lifestudent said...

My knees cant take the squats or lunges either! Not only are they the focus of every bootcamp, but they seem to be the focus of ANY workout :( Personal trainers, videos, prenatal classes, postnatal classes. Everyone just wants you to squat and lunge!

Elena (Running in Heels After Child) said...

Good job! I wish I could figure out a boot camp that I could go to.

I finally ran today and it was great, short run but it made me feel so good.

enjoy,

elena

lindsay said...

well you certainly are persistent? good luck!