Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Confessions of a Stress Eater

In previous posts I may have mentioned how my life was in limbo.  We did not know if our kids could go to the same school next year, we had to wait to see if the lottery Gods would let Diva into our first choice of preschool (at the same school as her brothers to make like easy for us), and Chubby Hubby was set to be unemployed, oh and then there were a bunch of  politics with the kids' little league.  Thankfully my issues are not too major when I put them into perspective.  I will say that the combination of it all was pretty stressful for a "what if" kind of person like me.  A long dreary Winter on top of all of those unknowns made me a NUT JOB!  I am not going to lie, the stress got the best of  me and to the scale slapped me in the face....I have put on 10lbs since October.  10LBS!!!!!! %$#%U^%%^$^%;^!!!!!!!!!!!



But Carly, I thought you were doing Weight Watchers through work?

Oh yeah...Weight Watchers.  Well, I did complete the series through work but I dumped it.  I dumped it for two reasons. First, my head was not in the game.  Call me crazy, but I didn't give a damn about how many points were in that ice cream that I consumed when I was feeling anxious.   Second, the Weight Watchers at work was a little too close for comfort.  I like to remain a bit anonymous at these meetings and one day the person weighing me in started calling people back by their first and last name.  Not cool!  I deal with a lot of people over the phone and I do not necessarily want them to know me from a Weight Watcher meeting.  Plus, the crowd was not my type.  They were down right hostile.  I honestly thought a riot was going to break out when they announced their new program.  Great program, great opportunity, wrong time.  I believe I have hit "lifetime".....a Weight Watcher reject for life! 

The dust is finally started to settle; the kids are back into their school, Diva gets to go to preschool, the boys are okay to play baseball this summer, and well,  Chubby Hubby is now officially unemployed (which officially makes me a Sugar Mama).  While I like him gainfully employed, things are not bad.  In fact it is a nice break for him to regroup.  We will be fine financially for a bit and I have someone to keep the house clean and have dinner ready when I get home.(Chubby Hubby, if you are reading this....GET OFF YOUR ASS AND SCRUB TOILETS!  kidding).

I guess I am only putting this out there to say the storm has passed, life is good, and I am back on the wagon.

20 comments:

bobbi said...

I'm glad things are settling down for you - winter is ALWAYS tough for me.

Speaking of winter, it can GET THE HELL OUT at any time and I'll be so so happy...

Running Down a Dream said...

Totally agree with you! I did WW for a while a few summers ago on my own, and loved that I could be kind of anonymous. No one outside WW had to know I was dieting. My work has a program now too, but I couldn't do it knowing everyone!

teacherwoman said...

I get so irritable when I am stressed and eating like crap. This especially happens when I am not working out on a regular basis. When I went for my 4 miler while we were in Vegas, I couldn't believe how much happier I was afterwards. Things will hopefully calm down a bit for you in the near future. And, I think that now that you commented that these things aren't too terribly big when put into perspective, things will start looking up!

chubrubb said...

Hope you feel calmer with Spring! I always go crazy during winter :-P

termite said...

i say it's better to eat than let all that stress tear you down emotionally. besides, it's spring, time to get back on track and kick those winter pounds outta here. :)

xo

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

suggggar mama, well at least you have a fun attitude :)

stress eating is definitely an issue for me. I thought it wasn't, but when I truly step back i realize the days I eat the worst are when i'm frazzled.

hope all the running and family love helps with the stress

Teamarcia said...

Wow stressful for sure. I'm hoping the worst is behind you and it's all sunshine and smooth sailing ahead.

Marissa said...

wow, the stress of life's ups and downs huh? Looks like things are back to normal, or close to it! I eat when I'm stressed too, no worries :)

FruitFly said...

Well that's great that the storm has passed! It is still crazy to me that we have to have lotteries to see if our children can be in schools!

Jess said...

Glad that things are feeling more in control -- good luck with reigning in the stress as happier seasons arrive.

Diana said...

You would gain so much from the book "4 day win" by Martha Beck, PhD. I have done a 360 since reading that....I posted a post about it a few back.
Way to hang tough with so much on your plate-so to speak!

Carly said...

I can see why you wouldn't like to do WW at work (neither would I), but the program does work for me.
Glad things are settling down. I'm sure between that and nicer weather you'll get back on track.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Don't fret about WW. I didn't like the new program. Actually for the first time, I felt like I was on a diet, and felt deprived.

Glad things are settling down.

lindsay said...

I would not want to do WW at work either. I don't want my co-workers knowing the littlest info on me! Mine are weirdos though...

Hope hubs rejoins the workforce soon, unless he really becomes a great house-husband and chef - then maybe he can stick around ;) The floors better shine like the top of the Chysler building!

TooeleTwins said...

I, too, have gained 10lbs since October. I, too, stress eat - like crazy! I, too, am registered for a marathon that I probably won't be ready for. I, too, am the bread winner. I, too, am witty, beautiful and a downright joy to be around.

Sisters separated at birth?

Elena (Running in Heels After Child) said...

I am with you on the stress eating, but I also like happy eating, and sad eating and and mindless eating and perhaps the works board eating.

I am attempting to stay on the health kick long enough to fit into my jeans, I would really like to fit into smaller jeans but one step at a time.

I hope your husband enjoys the break and that he finds a new job soon,

elena

New Outlook Fitness said...

well done you! Get back on that horse

runningfromthecouch said...

I hear you about the points. I tried too but unsuccessfully. You are inspiring. Through all obstacles you sound so positive! It is great to read!

lifestudent said...

Everyone puts some lbs on during winter hibernation season ;) It will be gone before you know it with a little more attention and a little less stress!

Glad everything else seems to be shaping up nicely (other than the new role as Sugar Mama, of course).

Roulette Rules said...

It is good idea.