Get Lucky 7K Race ReportYesterday I ran the Team Ortho Get Lucky 7K. The short story is I finished with a PR (only because it was an instant PR as I have never run this race before). There really isn't too much of a long story but I will bullet my thoughts on the race:
- It was FREEEZING at the start. I am really glad I made the decision not to check my sweatshirt and that I went back for my hat.
- This was a WAY bigger race than I thought it was going to be. I found out via Facebook that several friends were running and there was not going to be a chance in hell of seeing them through the sea of people.
- It took almost 10 minutes to cross the starting line.
- I really wish I would have had a better running outfit that fit the theme of the race. There were a lot of cute costumes sporting the green theme. Next year!
- The course was awesome. The route went through parts of Downtown, over the Stone Arch Bridge, through St. Anthony Main, and wound back into Downtown Minneaopolis. Again, I am always shocked at how hilly Minneapolis can be.
- I ran hard for the first 2K which roughly translates to 1.242742384474668 (I love Google).
- For the remainder of the race I did a walk/run combo. I mainly walked up the hills and ran on the flat and downhill terrain.
- I had some major calf cramping at the 6K mark and told my friends to run on.
- I walked out the pain, put on my headphones and finished the remainder of the last KM of the race running very strong.
- Finishing time 54:36/ 12:34 per mile pace. A PR! Don't burst my bubble that it is an instant one.
Post race reward, a Matt's Bar Jucy Lucy!!! The photo just does not do it justice! A burger filled with molten cheese is a little bit of heaven! If you are ever in Minneapolis, this is a must on your to do list!