Monday, March 7, 2011

More Jillian

 
http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-Ripped-30/dp/B004CRR9IS
I was browsing my Facebook newsfeed last Tuesday and Ms. Jillian posted about her new DVD.  Since I have a love-hate relationship with her I NEEDED this DVD stat.  I set out and purchased right away.  I came home and ripped it out of the case and completed the workout.  All I am going to say is that this DVD is Shred on CRACK! 
This workout is tough!  There are 4 levels to complete and each level should take about a week (I think I may have to hang at level one for a bit longer).  This DVD is in the same format as Shred with her 3-2-1 system (3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio,and 1 minute abs).  The total running time of this work was about 24 minutes.....any longer and I think I would have been dead.

It took me a few days to regain feeling in my arms for the soreness to go away but I think this is going to be a great challenge for me.  I was going to start the 30 day challenge today but I was struck down with a WICKED cold.  I will stick with just Pilates tonight and if I feel better, I will start it up tomorrow.  Has anyone else tried this workout?  What do you think?

15 comments:

bobbi said...

I haven't seen this one yet - thanks for the review! I might just have to give it a try...

Michelle said...

I was just looking at this DVD on amazon today and almost bought it.

Karen said...

Haven't tried this one but really like the 1-2-3 format. Can't remember which one I had but I remember being oddly sore for DAYS!

Lindsey Lu said...

uh Shred on crack- scary! But I kinda want it LOL! Thanks for sharing

Heather said...

Ooh, now I need to try this! I did her No More Trouble Zones DVD on Friday, I really like that one. :)

lifestudent said...

I've got 30 day shred sitting on a table, still unopened. It's on my "to do" list. #1 Find 30 days with an extra hour just sitting around. #2 Do 30 Day Shred ;)

Charbelle said...

Wow this sounds intense!! Award for you on my blog :)

M said...

I just got the 6 pack in 6 weeks dvd. Watched it last night. I'm gonna love to hate that thing!

Running Around Acres said...

Can't say I have ever done anythin Jillian, but I did try P90X once. MISERY!!!

Good luck.

Mary said...

I haven't tried it yet, but I love the shred! I would love more core at the end though!!

Stephanie said...

Awesome thanks for sharing! I too will have to get this! Not sure if I want to start it now or after my half marathong.

Carly said...

I haven't gotten it yet, but I'll get it the next time I need to order something from Amazon. Glad to hear you liked it!

Elena (Running in Heels After Child) said...

If you are looking for workout videos, I recommend "Insanity"dvds I think they are by "Beach Body".There is a whole set and they are expensive but they are so good. Not to sound like a sales person but they are great, they leave me dripping in sweat.

Now that I am not training for a marathon I am going to try to be consistent about doing them and see how much a change I see. I need to see some change.

lindsay said...

Good find! I love Jillian. (And I dislike Cara haha)

Running Down a Dream said...

I am a new follower, and totally loving your blog!

I have yet to try any of Jillian's DVDs, but I really want to. I just haven't committed to a specific one yet. Maybe I will give this one a try!