Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up-Training Kick Off

I do not have anything exciting to report for this wrap-up.   I was a golf widow/ single parent this weekend.  Chubby Hubby flew South to enjoy some warm weather and a lot of golf.  It was a well deserved trip for him.  With him gone, I headed North to see my family.  It was fun to hang out and do nothing as well as having other people entertain my spawn something for the kids to do.

The relaxing ends today!  Today is the official kick off of Runapalooza 2011.  My goal is to run a race each month, but I have two big races this year that overshadow the rest.  There are 12 weeks until the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon and 27 weeks until Twin Cities Marathon.  I have settled on using another Hal Higdon training program because it has a great track record on getting me across the finish line.  My only goal for each race is to run and enjoy them and not just survive the distance.

In order to succeed, I pledge the following:
  • I will following the training program
  • I will not skip a long run.
  • I will be flexible, yet, dedicated
  • I will cross train and do the strength and stretching
  • I will do speedwork and hills
  • I will do speedwork and hills
  • I will do speedwork and hills (I really hate hills) 
  • I will get on a treadmill if I am forced inside.
  • I will not tie one on the night before a long run
  • I will not gain any more weight during training
  • I will remember that a long run is not a license to eat my weight in cheeseburgers and french fries
  • I will try not to complain about training.  I signed up for this because I love running
Cross my heart to all of the statements above.


Kick OFF Week Workouts:
Monday-Pilates or Jillian DVD
Tuesday-Bootcamp
Wednesday-3 mile run
Thursday-3 mile run and Jillian DVD
Friday-Rest day (April 1st!!!!!!! Maybe Spring will get here this month)
Saturday-2 mile run and Jillian DVD
Sunday-Long run 4 miles

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I am a few days late posting this, but last Friday Delane from Euphoric Agony posted an inteview with yours truly.  You can read it here.  Thanks Delane for letting visit your blog!

10 comments:

Al's CL Reviews said...

"I will remember that a long run is not a license to eat my weight in cheeseburgers and french fries."

I did that on Saturday...but add 2 or 12 beers to go with the burger and fries!

Jess said...

Good luck with the resolutions and the training!

Evolving Through Running said...

The pledge looks good. I think you should consider adding speedwork and hills :)

Did a Higdon plan for my first marathon and it worked very well. Being the genius that I am, I quickly scrapped it and went with a different plan the next time. If it ain't broke, break it.

Marlene said...

Good luck with your training! Looks like it will be an exciting year!!!

Mary said...

Way to go on the training!! I love that you MUST work on hills and speed, its so important--I know and have to remind myself too!

misszippy said...

So I'm not clear--are you going to do speedwork and hills? You've got good resolve--you'll get your goals.

Jacky said...

I am also running a race a month, though no marathon in the mix. Good luck and enjoy the training.

Running Librarian said...

Wow sounds great! I hope you hit those hills hard (I too hate hills) Good luck!

Karen said...

You can't go wrong with Hal. He is my first running love :) Love your Mantra there. I need to stick it on my fridge so I can follow it too!

Aka Alice said...

Good pledges...you always make me smile!