Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Great Day and a Great Run

It is just another day in paradise here.  It was cold, rainy, gray, and ....wait for it....snow.  More fracking snow....at the end of April!!!  The weather set the stage for a funky mood right away this morning and I was sure my day was going to go down the toilet.  I was wrong.  It ended up being kind of a great day. 

I started my day off with a super duper high maintenance coffee order from Starbucks.  I am normally a tall black coffee girl but today I was the pain in the ass that ordered a total diva coffee....a  nonfat, triple grande, half pump of vanilla flavor, latte.  It was TASTY and worth the 215 calories!  I can say it certainly fired up my heart before 7AM this morning.

 I received an appreciation award from work.  It is basically the equivalent to "Employee of the Month" without the rock star parking.  Today, my big boss handed me a certificate and a gift card.  Even though it is minor thing, it is always nice to get a little pat on the back and know that you are appreciated.  When I hung my certificate, I noticed "appreciation for ?".  Ha!!  They know me too well!     


The day continued to get better because I had lunch with my favorite girls, two major problems I have been working on were solved today, and we head back to Starbucks for a late afternoon caffeine boost and a little treat......HEAVEN!  These are tiny treats that about about 3 bites.  It is the perfect size to satisfy a sweet tooth.  I had the mini chocolate peanut butter cupcake.

Then best part of my day happened.....drum roll please......
I RAN 3 MILES!!!!  I ran three whole miles without stopping.  I have not done this since LAST AUGUST!
It was slow, but I did it.  This is a huge milestone for me.  I have been struggling for months to break through the 1-2 mile barrier.  I finally did it!  I think it was all the extra caffeine that helped!  I hope I can repeat this tomorrow and for Saturday's 5K.

10 comments:

Running Librarian said...

Way to go!

bobbi said...

Yay! Sounds like a great day! (minus the snow, of course. that's just wrong)

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

I was ogling those mini cupcakes after my daughter's ortho appt. on Monday! I resisted, but just barely.

Nice job on your 3 miles in a row. Once you get your weather sorted out over there, you are going to have some great training.

ajh said...

Sounds like a great day. Nice job on the appreciation at work.

Mon Amour said...

I don't think I could deal with snow in the end of April. That's gotta be rough

Delane said...

*throwing confetti*

Congrats on the run.

FWIW...weather sucks here too.

Stephanie Anne said...

Nice job!!!

and that mini cupcake looks delish!

Carly said...

Nice! On all counts. :-)

Karen said...

Congrats on the award! DOUBLE congrats on the three miles - way to go!!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Congrats on a great day!