Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up-Progress

This morning I ran 2 miles without stopping.  This is a huge step for me as I have not been able to accomplish this since last August.  I have run several races in past 8 months, however, I somehow manged to finish  them despite the fact that I could not run for one continuous mile.  I am happy that I was finally able to break through the wall and it feels GREAT.  It was not easy and I was very slow.  So slow that I think I could have walked faster with one leg.  Meh, whatever at least I did it.

The problems I was faced with my last few runs seem to be going away.  I have been dealing with my calf cramping with a lot of stretching and drinking a lot more water.  Staying hydrated seems to help things.  The wheezing has been brought on by good old seasonal allergies.  I have combated this problem with allergy drugs that require identification, signature, and a pharmacist questioning my meth making abilities.

Long story short, I happy about the progress.


This past week has been a crazy and not worth recapping.  However, I do believe I can offically say Spring is here because Summer Shandy is back in stores!  I went to buy beer after a run this past week in running tights and a sweaty t-shirt.  Classy.


Cheers to Spring!
We are hitting the 70's here in MN today ( I will pretend I didn't see the snow forecast this week)

16 comments:

Claire said...

Dude...love me some Leinenkugels. Fond of the BerryWeise and HoneyWeise myself. I need to go to the store.

Awesome job on the 2 miles!!

Megan said...

YAY for the run and warm weather. I wanted to share since its been in the 90s

misszippy said...

Bring on summer, and for you, more successful runs! Good job.

Carly said...

Congrats on the two miles. Sometimes you need to take it slow to show yourself that you can do it.

ajh said...

We get 70s tomorrow but with rain. I want real good weather.

Glad for the two miles!

Lori said...

Congrats on the run!

Stephanie Anne said...

Nice job on the running progress!!

I had a Sam Adams summer the other day & loved it!

Beth Neel said...

I get the calf cramps too...yuck.
I always do a cold water bath after a long run or when my legs are feeling 'bad'. Not an ice bath, but a cold water bath for my legs...I find that helps too and helps with next day soreness.

Running Down a Dream said...

I love Leinenkugels! I drink them with my dad when I go home to visit. Is the Summer Shandy the one that tastes like lemon? If so that one is soooo good!

Awesome job on your run!!!

Delane said...

WTG...I'm sure you'll be making major progress as spring is hopefully here!

Marissa said...

congrats on the running progress!

Diana said...

Congrats on the run! I completed my first "1" mile since taking off the boot.....

84 degrees here yesterday and calling for snow/rain mix on Saturday! Ugh!

James said...

Congrats on breaking the wall.

Jamoosh said...

Stay classy and drink well!

Mary said...

Yay, congrats!! I know that spring has sprung for sure--it's gorgeous outside!

Bios Life said...

Just came across your site. Thanks for the inspiration! Makes me want to get out and push myself to run more. Thanks again.