Thursday, May 19, 2011

GUESS WHAT????

Remember her?

Well, we have a new addition to our family.  Meet Mischa.  She is a 10 week old Morkie (although I do not think she looks like one, but we will see in a few months).  We chose the name Mischa because she is TINY and kind of reminds us of a mouse and in Serbian the word for mouse is pronouced "Meesh".  Our whole family voted, it seemed to fit, and eventually it stuck.



I certainly was not expecting to get a dog last night.  My parents drove to Minneapolis to watch the boys' baseball game.  The met us at the field and when I greeted my mother, I didn't notice the little fur ball in her oversized purse.  Surprise!!!!  I of course freaked out.  I was pretty damned excited.  The kids went nuts!  My friend who had the dog lives near my parents and she called them to see if they would be bring her to us because she needed a home with kids.  How sweet is that???? 

She is a sweet dog and a great cuddler (although she did have a couple of Kujo moments but I showed her who was the queen of this castle).  I am happy to have a dog again!  With that said, I forgot how crazy puppies are!  Wish us luck!

Wow....and her I had a whole post in my head about running shoes.  I will save that for another day.

On a side note, I would like to thank you for voting and catering to my competitive side.  If you feel like voting some more, just click the pink link in the side bar and give Chubby Chicks Run Too a thumbs up! 

22 comments:

Carly said...

So cute! Congrats!

Diana said...

She's very cute! Good luck the next couple of months!

ajh said...

That didn't take long to get your own dog!

bobbi said...

Yay! Congrats on the new addition :)

Teamarcia said...

She's adorable! Congrats...some things are meant to be!

Claire said...

Adorable!!! What eyes!!

Jamoosh said...

So, the dognapping is out?

misszippy said...

Oh my gosh--how darn cute! What kind is she?

Monica said...

What a cutie-pie! Congrats on your new family member.

Nobel4Lit said...

Yay! Puppies are a lot of work (mine is about 7 months now), but so cute!

WannabeRunner said...

Aww yay!! She's adorable. :)

Al's CL Reviews said...

Yay!

termite said...

OMG~ I just want to kiss that baby!!

teacherwoman said...

She is so cute! Love it!

FruitFly said...

YES!!!! I'm so excited! I'm glad you got her in the end. Yippee!

Running Librarian said...

So cute! She has those cute dark Yorkie eyes too!

Running Around Acres said...

Shecis a cute little thing. Though I prefer my dogs outside.

Marissa said...

Nothing like a new puppy! Precious :)

Marlene said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is she! Congratulations. :)

Lisa said...

congrats. puppies are cute, but high maintenance. they DO grow out of it though. :-)

Megan said...

she's adorable :)

Delane said...

She is a cutie!!!