Friday, May 13, 2011

Hot Stuff

Blogger's glitch lost my very informative and witty post that I wrote yesterday.  Okay, truthfully it was nothing more than a rambling about the crazy weather and how it was almost 90 degrees one day and how I am back to fleece the next....ugh....blah blah blah.  I won't bore you with the details.  Mother Nature does not make it easy to be a runner in Minnesota!  On to the good stuff.....

Hot Yoga
Yesterday I purchased an unlimited 30 day pass for hot yoga through Groupon.  I keep hearing people rave about hot yoga and I have been wanting to try it for a long time.  I have been hesitant to do so because of the cost (I already have 2 gym memberships and lots of race fees) and the potential gag factor.  Thanks to Groupon I get to try this for $35.  Even with the good deal it took me a long time to purchase these sessions.  You see, watching other people sweat and smelling other people sweat make me gag.

For those of you that have done hot yoga, what can I expect?  What should I bring?  Hand sanitizer?  Air Freshener?  A barf bag?  The studio boasts that it has "antimicrobial" cork floors rather than carpet (WTF) and fresh air circulating the room.  I need to know the gross factor before stepping foot inside the studio.  I do know there is strength in numbers and that is why I am dragging my BFF with me.  It is always great to try something at least once, right?  At the very least, there is bound to be a good story with me, a 105 degree room, and tight yoga pants.  I just hope it doesn't involve a hairy sweaty dude (or chick) dripping sweat anywhere near me.

Circle of Moms
I am pretty excited that I have been nominated for to be on the Circle of Moms list of Top Health and Fitness Blogs.  Whoever gave the shout out....Thank you!!!  There a lot of great bloggers listed and many that I read regularly (and a lot of new ones to read).  Voting is now taking place to determine their list of the top 25.   If you are interested in voting, please click the button below and give Chubby Chicks Run Too a thumbs up (or vote for one of the other awesome bloggers).  Even if I do not make the list, I am honored to be nominated.


PS.....You can vote once every 24 hours. 

Happy Friday the 13th!!!!  Have a great weekend.



7 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Hot yoga is wonderful. If you go once a week, you will get your moneys worth! LOVE IT! Just wish they had something like that in ND.

Al's CL Reviews said...

You can probably reclaim your post from Google Reader. That's where I got mine from that blogger lost.

Sweat...yeah, hot yoga has no appeal to me whatsoever.

Jess said...

I did hot yoga once. And I had to leave in the middle to barf.

Good luck!

Monica said...

Congrats on the Groupon deal! I'm waiting for the Laser Hair removal one to come back....tired of plucking the hairs on my "chinny-chin-chin". I've heard some good things about hot yoga, but living in central texas, i can hot yoga outside in my yard anytime i want. :) Congrats and keep up the great work!

Kolla said...

Love hot yoga :) I bring a little "towel mat" thingie that goes on top of my own yoga mat. Prevents me from slip-sliding away in those challenging standing poses.
I do sweat buckets, but somehow it's not smelly. Ask the teacher to point you to a cooler spot in the room for the first couple of times. Have fun, breathe deep and stretch it all out :)

FruitFly said...

I saw you on there and totally voted for you!

I've never done hot yoga. Nothing about it sounds like my cup of tea! I'd only consider it if I were the ONLY person in the room -or maybe with one close friend.

Delane said...

I love hot yoga. It is the best, but it does take time to get into it. I spent my first few classes wanting to barf after the 2nd pose.

Eat well and hydrate before you get there. Freeze your water bottle. And what ever you do, beware of doing it with a hangover!!!!!