Tuesday, May 17, 2011

She Almost Was Mine

Last night my girlfriend posted a cryptic message on Facebook and I immediately called her to see what was up.  There was some hullabaloo that left this sweet little puppy needing a loving home.  As I was listening to what happened, I was madly texting Chubby Hubby begging him to consider letting us adopt her.  His normal response to my doggie requests is "Go to Hell!".  Rather, he just ignored my text messages altogether.  Since he was ignoring me, I pulled out the heavy artillery and showed the kids the photo.  They went apeshit and it was now 4 against one.  When he got home, we got to him and he caved.   I was shocked that he said yes!!!! (While he didn't exactly say yes, his agreement was in the form of a heavy sigh, stating that he would NOT let the dog out at 2AM, and that I needed to make him a drink ASAP.  That was a yes in my book!!!).

I made the call to my friend to announce that I would be happy to adopt this little fuzz ball.  Then she broke the bad news to me....she said that her family could not let her go.  They had grown too attached to her over the past week.  Then I hung up on her and told her to stick it.  I hung up a little disappointed because I got everyone excited about potentially have a new puppy.  Boo.  If I were in the same situation, I would have done the same thing.  I guess it was not meant to be.  My gut tells me that we will not be dogless for long.  Afterall, I do need a walking companion to keep me moving.  *evil grin* 

Thank you to everyone that is voting for Chubby Chicks Run Too on the Circle of Moms list for the top 25 Health and Fitness Blogs.  I would love it if you would keep giving this blog a thumbs up by finding me HERE

16 comments:

Lisa said...

oh boy. that's how it gets started.

(we have had up to 3 dogs at once and i'm no longer allowed anywhere near a dog that needs a home)

Monica said...

I was thnking the same thing as you...perfect time to go find another cute puppy that needs a home. :)

Al's CL Reviews said...

Although DH won't let him go, I have one I'm contemplating letting go.
He is great as long as you don't mind him eating everything including getting on the counter and eating a raw steak defrosting in the sink (that's all 4 feet on the counter, not just the front 2); anything that is reachable up to 9 ft high (yes including on top of the fridge); Garmins; all picture frames; soap; shampoo, glass; cake plates; shoes; towels; socks; cardboard; glasses; toys, candles; and of course food and dog crates.

He could be all yours!

Diet Coke and a Lemon said...

This was the most depressing story I heard all day. It was like someone told me I couldn't have the dog. Wow. Boo!

divorce and bankruptcy said...

That was really sad. It sucks when you get all bubbly and excited about something and all of the sudden all these come to an end. I've experienced that several times and the feeling is terrible.

Visit my site: Divorce and Bankruptcy

bobbi said...

awwww..so so CUTE. I'm so sorry you had to have your (and your kids' too) hopes dashed like that. I sense a puppy in your future :)

Tish said...

Awwww! So cute. I'm sure that now that you've gotten CH to give in once that you'll soon have a new little furry friend. Just voted for your blog--the link made it easy.

Diana said...

Even being more of a "cat" person, this story still breaks my heart! But that just means that the dog you are "meant" to have is coming up next!!

WannabeRunner said...

Awww, that's a bummer. But there are several other puppies/dogs out there that need loving homes! You'll find your match soon. :)

Jamoosh said...

For the right price, said dog could be dog-napped and show up on your doorstep... Just sayin'

ajh said...

Cute dog! I would have been tempted for sure.

Teamarcia said...

Awww she is irresistible! Sorry it didn't work out but I'll bet another dog will come your way if you want one.

Megan said...

I bet you'll have one by the end of the weekend

Carly said...

My dad would have said the same thing to us when we were growing up. Now I say it to my husband because I personally don't really want a dog. That one sure is cute though. Def. a bummer.

lindsay said...

Well you got everyone on board once... You can do it again for a different puppy? She is too precious... Too bad they can't always be adorable puppies, lol.

FruitFly said...

You NEED a dog! It is obvious! ;)