Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend Life Lessons

  • Life is way too damned short to host a garage sale.
  • You can learn a lot about your friends when the bring stuff to sell in your garage sale. I am wondering why my friend had a hand bag with a real stiletto heel? Funny thing is IT SOLD.
  • Giving to charity makes me feel really good....especially when they take drop offs onSaturday.
  • Watching all of your skinny clothes go to charity is a really really good way to find your Mojo
  • If your table umbrella is stuck, do NOT pull as hard as you can from the inside. Chances are it will break hit, give you a goose egg on the noggin, and your so called BFF will laugh her ass off.
  • Evidently the thing to do when there is rapture on the horizon is to go to Target. Evidently Target is a lot of people's "happy place".
  • Justin Timberlake is the best SNL host EVER! 
  • It is impossible to be productive when there is a sweet sleeping puppy on your chest.
  • A puppy might be better than antidepressants to pull one out of a funk.
  • Mother Nature hates Minnesota.  We just can't win with this weather and I am struggling to get my run into today.

Thank you for those who keep voting for Chubby Chicks Run Too in the Circle of Moms Top 25 Fitness Blogs.  The others (which are also awesome blogs) are starting to kick my ass.  Please  give Chubby Chicks Run Too a thumbs up by clicking the link below.  I am falling and would like to stay in the top 25. PLEASE....(As I mentioned, I am not too proud to beg!)  Can you help me get over 600 today (I like to shoot high)?

14 comments:

Running Librarian said...

Obviously Target wins over Walmart for a "happy place". Sounds like you had a great weekend! And that puppy is just too cute for words!

Aka Alice said...

I didn't get to Target yesterday, but do you think they'll be having an "After Rapture" sale today?

Gotta agree with you about Justin...I stayed up way to late last night to watch.

Dominique said...

I have to say 'Chubby Chicks Run Too' is an outstanding, distinguishing blog title.

tink said...

It's okay, I think mother nature isn't to fond of Washington either, I'm ready for some real sunshine now, none of this liquide stuff. :p
http://beboldrunwild.blogspot.com/

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Watching all of your skinny clothes go to charity is a really really good way to find your Mojo- I love this! I always just give my stuff away to friends or post it on a local freecycle site. Makes me feel good. :)

MCM Mama said...

I have to admit I never sell stuff -it just takes too much work. I'm a big fan of the charities that pick up. In fact, we have 3 that call on a regular basis and whenever they say they will be in the neighborhood, I walk around the house with a box throwing random stuff in LOL.

Megan said...

haha I'm glad you had a great "learning" weekend. Hopefully everyone is safe from the tornado (even though I know you aren't on the north side)

termite said...

great post, chica! seriously. this was great.

xo

The CilleyGirl said...

Love the stiletto handbag! I have one that is a black leather bustier. When I went to Seattle's Pike Place market a few years ago a leather worker stopped me so that she could check it out. She was planning to make some for her booth!

Carly said...

We had a garage sale last summer and what amazed me was the stuff that sold. It was never the nice stuff you expected to go. Lol.

Diana said...

I've dumped a ton of crap this year to Goodwill.....just not worth my time and effort anymore to put on a rummage. Everyone still just wants your crap for even cheaper than you priced it.....
I agree with Mother Nature having something out for MN this year! You guys have gotten pounded.

my abc soup said...

loving your words!

Following & running with you from

www.myabcsoup.blogspot.com

lindsay said...

i have been voting for you!

glad you had another successful yard sale, haha.

Mike Russell said...

Carly I second the JT vote for best SNL host ever. I am not a huge fan of his music, but man he has talent. He was hilarious.