Friday, June 3, 2011

Bullets on a Friday

  • I have spent 11 full days on South Beach Diet and I have lost 10lbs.  Chubby Hubby has lost 13lbs!
  • I have not had a sip of alcohol in the 11 full days and I plan to keep going with it while I am training for this marathon.  I may have a beer or two this summer, but I plan to keep the empty calories to a minimum.  (Did I really type that???)
  • I decided to transition into Phase II a bit early (3 days) because I am really dragging when I run and figured I could use some good carbs to get some energy.
  • Plus, I got tired of eating eggs for breakfast!
  • I sniffed around the interwebs one day to find egg alternatives and found a Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie that looked interesting.  The ingredients are pictured below:


  • I got excited to try it, but alas it was probably the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted.  Think bitter peanut butter barf. **shudder**
  • Even worse than the taste was the smoothie explosion incident.  As I was blending with a hand blender (not recommended), this "goo" (lack of a better word) shot all over the place.  All over my kitchen, all over my clothes, and I even got a bit on the ceiling.  Yuck.  I do not recommend this.  At least the eggs started to look good again.
  • I think I missed Spring.  Today  it is pushing 90 degrees and the humidity is gross.  Man, I make Minnesota sound like the most desirable place to live.  It would be great if the weather didn't suck 98% of the time.
  • Holy crap....there is NOTHING, NADA, ZIP on the calendar for this weekend.  What to do?  What to do?  (besides running)  This never ever happens.  It is like the 5 full weekends in July!
  • Thank you to everyone that voted for Chubby Chicks Run Too on Circle of Moms Top 25 Health and Fitness Blogs.  I am very excited that this blog was voted into one of the top 25 spots.  
  • Also, there is still time to Enter the Superfabulous Saucony Shoe Giveaway.  You have the opportunity to enter until 11:59 6/5/11.  Winners will be drawn by a random generator on 6/6/11.
Happy Friday!  What is on your weekend agenda?

    13 comments:

    GISrunner said...

    Way to go, Carly, on the weight loss! Hope you have a great weekend. We're lucky to not have much on the schedule either & I'm sooo looking forward to it!

    Al's CL Reviews said...

    Congrats on the WL. I'm sad about the smoothie. The ingredients looked promising.

    Lisa said...

    I gave up alcohol a little over a year ago and pounds melted off. You might not even realize how many empty calories you were consuming there....

    Marlene said...

    Wow, good for you! Awesome progress! Keep at it!

    Carly said...

    Congrats on the 10lbs lost! And you're right. I think we totally missed spring.

    Tish said...

    WTG on SB. I'm pretty much on track with the similar WW program (the old CORE program) and it makes a difference--I'm envious of your 10 pounds, though. Wow.

    Michelle said...

    Congrats on your weight loss!

    Megsie said...

    I finally am caught up! Holy cow! A drained cyst, a new puppy and FIVE races...I have missed a lot! Lovely to see you the other night, I will drink water with you when we go out. xo

    Claire said...

    Congratulations on the weight loss!! Eye on the prize!

    Aka Alice said...

    Giving up alcohol? You are my hero.

    When I was on SB, I would occasionally eat the ricotta cheese dessert things for breakfast...as a break from eggs.

    Diana said...

    Congrats on your weight loss! That's super!
    I love eggs-I've eaten eggs every day for at least 5 years! Some days I eat them for every meal...especially with SPAM cut up and thrown in for good measure!!

    Sally Blinds Review said...

    Congratulations you are doing great! Had to laugh when I read about your hand-held blender explosion....yikes!

    How To Install Cellular Shades

    ashley rebekah said...

    dear lord, you are hilarious... "it would be great if the weather didn't suck 98% of the time."

    truer words have never been spoken!