Monday, June 6, 2011

You Know You're a Minnesotan When....

You are sitting outside, wrapped in a blanket, sicker than a dog simply because you cannot bear to waste a sunny beautiful day inside.

I am not sure what is wrong with me but it appears that I have some sort of Summer flu.  I should have had a clue on Friday that something was brewing because I came home and took a 2 hour nap.  I never nap.  I got up and "ran" 3 miles on Saturday but I felt really off and my legs felt like concrete.  I brushed it off and blamed it on my limited carb diet.  Later that day, I was winded walking across the room and was really irritable (ugh my poor family).  I progressively got worse and I laid around for the remainder of the weekend.   I am still not 100% today but I am a lot better.

Anyway...my plan was to run 3 miles on Saturday and attempt 6 (run/walk) on Sunday.  Boo...the 6 miler got blown off.  What is that saying?  Oh yeah...shit happens.  I will tack on a little bit to each workout this week and keep going.

Since I did plenty of laying around this weekend, I got caught up on the Real Housewives of Orange County.  I have a thing for really trashy TV and I totally got sucked in.

My Analysis of the Real Housewives
  • The drama is really, really stupid and has got to be staged.....who really acts like that????
  • They all look a lot older than they are....over made up, over tanned, over plastic surgeried, etc...
  • I wonder if lips and boobs ever look like theirs naturally.  Probably not.
  • They all could use some updated hair-dos....cut some of that shit off
  • Gretchen talks through her nose and it drives me crazy
  • They all have beautiful homes but their house do not seem to have any character.
  • Money does not buy class (Wasn't there a song about that?)...this show is right up there with Springer in my book.
What did you do this weekend?

    6 comments:

    bobbi said...

    Ugh - sorry you are dealing with the sickness...sounds like you are on the mend though...

    I could never bring myself to watch that show - I think you are dead on comparing it to Springer.

    Vee and the Kid said...

    First, feel better.

    Second, AGREE on the trashy housewives spectacle. Started to watch it once and never again. Not worth my time, even if there was NOTHING to do besides sleep! (But with new goatbabies, I have plenty to do)

    Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

    Elle said...

    Hope you feel better soon. Have never watched any of the Housewives shows.

    Good for you for getting some sun.

    Anonymous said...

    Hope you're feeling better and that its just a bug! When I started South Beach (a fling years ago, I'm now a steadfast calorie counter), I was unbelievably tired and irritable. So if it doesn't get better soon, maybe add back in a few more good carbs (hate to say it!) This is especially true as a runner. Glad you're enjoying the sunshine while it lasts!

    termite said...

    feel better sugar. sit in the sun with a good book. ;-)

    xo

    Megsie said...

    Oh, no! I hope you are feeling better! I don't have cable, so I have never watched...if it is not on cable, well, okay. I have never watched. This weekend was dance recital weekend. That, and BAA baseball weekend. So that was my weekend...kid stuff to run to and from and to and from and to and from....