Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mile High Blogging

 

Chubby Hubby and I are Vegas Bound. This is our first trip that we have taken together sans kids since 2001! While I am crammed into a window seat and the douche bag sitting in front of me reclined his seat back so his chair is in my lap, I have decided to type up a really really really really long blog post with the hope of my constant clicking will get his damned head out of my face. I am not much of a flyer and this kind of shit kills me. I am also not much of a people person when it comes to the general public. Do not get me started on the boarding process and watching people deal with carry on luggage. Chubby hubby denied my request to upgrade to first class and I am now giving him stink eye (although, I am way way way too cheap to pay for the upgrade…..we are not getting there any quicker).  Thankfully I can amuse myself with the safety instruction card.  First of all, why do they have a ballerina shown in the diagram?  Second, why is the baby in the 3rd row a floatation device?  Then finally,  if we are heading for a nosedive crash....I am not bracing myself....I will be slamming mini bottles of booze!

So enough about in flight bitching….WE ARE ON VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The children and wonder mutt are visiting my parents for the week. I called to see how things were going and my mother’s response was “Welll…..” that is when my cell phone decided to be a stinker and drop her call. Hmmmm…..funny how that happens. (just kidding mama: )
 

 
Because I do not feel like reading or sleeping, here is a run down of my random thoughts:
 
  • I am absolutely loving hot yoga!!!! I sweat like a whore in church, soaking through multiple towels but I feel amazing when I am done and my skin looks FABULOUS.
  • I had an appointment with the doctor and I got some awesome news….my iron level is back up to double digits. Not quite normal, but it is getting there. It is wonderful not getting winded vacuuming .
  • Since I am so far behind in my training, I have partnered up with one of the trainers that taught that hellish boot camp class. I explained where I am in training and what I want to accomplish. She gave me an evil smile and said “your ass is mine.” She will own me for the next 8 weeks.. I am a little scared, but I think this is going to be exactly what I need. She did an initial assessment and I found that my balance is way way way off on my left side. We are going to be working with weights, balancing and she will be giving me cardio homework. I do believe I will be expected to start going to boot camp again. I can’t weasel my way out of it when my trainer I is the teacher. 
  • I got a pre-Las Vegas pedicure and I grossed out the pedicurist.  People say that is not possible.  Yes, yes it is.   I was mildly embarrassed but kind of proud at the same time. She took the cheese grater looking thing to my callouses. She filed my feet down so my skin is as smooth as a baby's ass so it was hard to protest when she was making my most shameful part of my body look as nice as they could. I kept telling myself that she probably as seen worse. She kept making some strange faces as she filed….she would then make a comment about how bad they were then I would respond that I run. She gave me the “yeah right” look. Then she did the unthinkable…..she showed me what she sloughed off!! I just about puked. If that wasn’t bad .enough….she tapped the pedicurists next to her showed her and they looked at me and started laughing. Hmmmmpf…..I could totally relate to Elaine from Seinfeld. All embarrassment aside….my toes look fabulous!
 

 

 
As far as Vegas is concerned I can’t wait to get there. What is your favorite must do thing in Sin City? Chubby Hubby and I are looking for some fun stuff to do.

 
Well that was fun….the booze cart is heading our way.
  

*****Please excuse the typos and bad grammar, It was hard to see what I typed****

24 comments:

Megsie said...

Have a great time Carly! How fun to be on a trip with no kids. When I got a pedicure last summer the woman asked if she could use some chemical on my feet they were so bad. I said, "sure" because we are all dying anyway and wow! What a difference! I couldn't scratch mosquito bites with my heels anymore!

termite said...

Carly have a blast!!!

go to Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in the mall (next to Caesars) yumbo!!!

xo

Jamoosh said...

Forget Wolfgang - go to Bobby Flay's Restaurant in Caesars!

WannabeRunner said...

I hate everything about flying. It's like they take the most miserable experience and multiple it by 10. Anyways.

Have fun in Vegas!!! Don't know if you gamble, but we always hit up the black jack tables. And people watch of course. :)

The CilleyGirl said...

Pedicurists always tell me "Your feet so smooth, like baby!" I tell them I'm a runner, they don't believe me. Somehow, though, they never charge me a reduced price. They do give me extra-long foot massages since they spend zero time with calluses and such. I think it's because I almost always wear socks with my shoes.

Delane said...

Have FUN!!!

Carolina John said...

hahahaha, oh welcome to the mile high club! flying sucks. My luggage recently had a great trip to the bahamas.

trips with no kids are the best. have fun!

lifestudent said...

I love Vegas but I'm a big gambler, so I dont do much but drink and blow my money. My hubby will actually be out there for a bachelor party fri-sun. I'd say to look out for him to keep him in check, but his Dad and Uncle are going. When you go to a bachelor party with your Dad its not exactly the kind of Vegas experience that can deliver some good, old-fashioned trouble.

Have fun!

Diana said...

I'm probably the only person alive who hasn't been to Vegas! If I can't bike to my destination, I don't go....haha, I'm such a home-body!
I wish I could get my hands on you for 8 weeks.....bahahahahaha!


Have fun!

Stephanie Anne said...

Have fun in VEGAS!! Go see a Cirque show while you are there!!

Beth (i run like a girl) said...

Ha! This had me in absolute stitches! First... I fly... ALL THE TIME, but the safety card commentary had me laughing so hard i was crying.

And... I too have been the girl getting admonished by a pedicurist for my terrible toes. We're runners? What do they expect? ;)

Megan said...

vegas=drinking. Done and Done! Oh and I like Nine Fine Irishmen (NYNY).

Vee and the Kid said...

So did you tick him off? Did he un-recline his chair? Come on, don't leave me hanging!

Actually I thought, from your title, that you were visiting Denver. DISappointment!

Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com/2011/07/conundrum-help.html

Elena (Running in Heels After Child) said...

Ooohhhh, a vacation with no kids, sounds like a dream. We have done one night away, not even a day and a night away. I hope you have such a wonderful trip. Drink too much, eat too much, act wild, dress scandalously, make wild passionate love with your husband, because that is what you should do in Vegas and on a vacation with no kids.

termite said...

are you having fun??!!!!

Richard said...

Id like to invite everyone to read a blog post today of a woman who joined the old order Mennonite church from the outside. I'm extremely lucky in publishing her very first, and most likely last post on Amish Stories. A lot of work was involved in her getting permission to be even able to write anything on the internet, and permission was given by her bishop. So please stop by and read about a woman who gave-up her car and other worldly possessions for the person that she loved. Richard from Amish Stories.

Beth (i run like a girl) said...

Ok... so I flew Delta this past weekend, and scanned the safety card. No ballerina! So, I have to ask... were you on a Southwest flight? They're the only airline with a sense of humor. ;)

Kim Bee said...

New follower. Loving your blog. Kim

ashley rebekah said...

sweating like a whore in church?

wow. i simply must start reading your blog more. because you are fabulous. enjoy your vacay!

HCG said...

Love your insights. Will follow your blog from now on! :)

Cathy said...

I've got to do hot yoga - it sounds amazing! Hope you and the hubby have a great time in Vegas. Sadly, it's been over 15 years since hubby and I have been there. Hope you get bumped to 1st class on the flight home!

Ingi said...

LOL!! I must start reading the safety cards - that was hilarious!!! Enjoy the booze!

Megan said...

how was vegas?

Al's CL Reviews said...

Your feet story just killed me!