Monday, August 8, 2011

Urban Wildland Race Report

Warning:  Spawn bragging below.


Saturday my oldest son and I ran the Urban Wildland 5K.  It was his first race ever.  I was so excited and proud to be able to be able to do it with him.  He just turned 9 years old last Friday and this was part of his birthday celebration.  He did AWESOME.  He took off at a pace that I could barely maintain, but forced myself to keep up with him.  We ran, we walked, we ran some more.  I let him decide how we were going accomplish this race.  He would get a burst of energy when people would cheer him on.  The photo above is him sprinting it in to the finish.  That spot you see in the back....oh yeah...that is me.  He ditched his own momma!!!  Hmmmpf.  He had a blast and is already asking when he can do another race.  I am so proud of him!
His time: 41:08
My Time: 41:15



16 comments:

Megsie said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations to both of you...

WannabeRunner said...

How fun! Congrats to your little guy!

Diana said...

Love those proud Mom moments!

Congrats to you both!

Michelle said...

So awesome!!! How fun to have him run with you!

bobbi said...

LOVE this! LOVE LOVE LOVE. You should be so proud - congrats!

termite said...

isn't it the best feeling in the world?? love this post. :)

xo

Andrea said...

That's really awesome....did he train for that? I want to do that with my daughter when she is older!

Megan said...

Love the Mother/Son time! Good job (both of you)!

Becka said...

Congrats to both of you!

Elle said...

How fun - love the pic.

Delane said...

Congrats!!!!

Claire said...

Awesome!!!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

That's great!

Bridget said...

Nothing wrong with a little "spawn bragging." Looks like you might have a future cross country runner on your hands!

Fruit Fly said...

Too cool!! I love that he sprinted to the finish!

leading said...

Hello do you know? Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. loss weight quick and one more thing Fitness - if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body. loss weight quick it depends upon you what you think about your health. Now loss weight quick I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing. loss weight quick Fitness is most important thing for healthy life. loss weight quick Thanks for your kind information on this page i like this. loss weight quick. Thanks for such a nice information. It is really awesome.
Bye Bye take care and good night.