Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back to School!


THE CHILDREN ARE BACK IN SCHOOL!!!!!!!

Do I hear angels singing?  Woooo Hooo!

I can already tell the year will be off to a raging start.  The middle child was practicing his spelling.  If you see ASS and MORON in the photo below, your eyes are not playing tricks on you.  My 7 year old is not only a fabulous artist, but he knows how to spell cuss words.  Hmmmmm.....all I can say is that this occurred on Dad's watch and the proud papa sent this photo to me.  I just pray he doesn't make an "ass" out of himself in front of his first grade teacher.


I just came back from Florida on Sunday night.  Every Labor Day weekend, three awesome ladies and myself head to Singer Island for a little RnR.
I didn't have a single care in the world.  The days went something like this:
  • Wake up when I wanted...(usually 7AM)
  • Drink coffee whilst listening to the crashing waves of the ocean and watch the sunrise
  • Walk the beach for a good hour.....that workout is not for  the faint of heart!!!
  • Roll around in the sand because my calves locked up and cramped during beach walk.
  • Limp my way back down the beach.
  • Breathe a sigh of relief that I made it home without the help of the Coast Guard. (yes, I did this to myself more than once.)
  • Make a batch of beergaritas for the pool.
  • Lay by the pool and read while soaking in the very harmful UV rays
  • Leave pool around 5PM for "happy hour"
  • Happy Hour involved some very fun and almost violent games of Sorry (that game brings out the BEYOTCH in people)
  • Dinner of some sort (Triscuits and wine can count as dinner, right?)
  • Bed....usually at 8:30 (party animals!)
Ahhhh, if only I was that relaxed now.  The school year crazy schedule has begun!!!!!

Believe it or not, I still have been training.  Albeit, it has been about a week since I have focused on my actual plan.  Right before I left, I was able to knock out 14 agonizing, long slow miles.  I was able to do them just under the time cut off for the marathon.  Yay me.  This week, I am going to make my return to Hot Yoga and get an ass whoopin' from the trainer.  It has only been a week out of my routine, but it feels like a year!


11 comments:

Stephanie Anne said...

Sounds like a perfectly relaxing weekend! glad you enjoyed yourself!

fancy nancy said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend of relaxation!!

Megsie said...

Your trip sounds amazing. I love to walk on the beach! And, you are right, it is a work out. If only I lived by an ocean...I am sure I would be thin and fit...HA! Happy Dance about school starting!!

termite said...

don't ya love this time of year~ !!

Carolina John said...

I am so freaking glad both of mine are back in school right now it's not even funny. leaves the house peaceful from 9 am to noon 5 days this week and 2 days next week.

The eldest is in a year round school. She tracks out next week, so it will just be the youngest going to 4k for the rest of the month after Ella tracks out.

Jess said...

I envy that vacation schedule!

bobbi said...

I am way jealous of your vacay - sounds wonderful!

I just printed out the TCM course map. With the elevation profile. Um, HELLO 2 mile uphill starting at 21! That's just not nice...

Deanna @ The Unnatural Mother said...

I need a weekend like this STAT!

James said...

I could use a weekend like that. It's a good feeling when the kids go back to school isn't it?

Kamran Yaqoob said...

I am Ryan "Energizer" Ehmann, owner of Altitude Fitness and I’ve been out of shape several times in my life, so beat down – tens of thousands of dollars in debt, depressed and my self-esteem so crushed that I was afraid to go out in public. I turned to the fitness industry as the vehicle to heal my mind and body, and that’s when my dreams began to become a reality. The power of a proven fitness program is life changing so just imagine how much more you could give to your family, career and friends if you were on top of your game?



There is a champion in everyone…including YOU!



If you’ve ever wanted to lose that extra 12, 18, 24, 36 (or MORE!) inches of Body Fat off your frame and experience the benefits of a healthier lifestyle, then this message will cut to the chase and give you the answers you’re looking for. My fat loss training system have taken me 28,882 hours and 10 years of personal training to Master it so years ago I quit working at Gold's Gym as the Fitness Manager and opened a small, private workout facility to educate people about foods, fitness and lifestyle. Altitude fitness is a fun family atmosphere that people come as they are in grey sweets, white T-shirts, no make-up and they are accepted as a team member who want to learn and get in shape. No one is judged, it's not a fashion show and no matter your health or fitness shape you are a part of the Fat Loss Team working together.



I promise my "Fat Burning Zone" training program will get you to LOSE 12 inches in 12 workouts, Energize your mind, shrink body fat, sky rocket your confidence, increase your self image of yourself, improve the quality of your life and people will be saying, "WOW, you look AMAZING and have a GLOW of happiness! This will be the last fitness program you ever do...............Wooo Hoooo

Mithela Sandor said...

Thank you with regard to sharing this type of wonderful details about online marketing. I truly value. Great Website.....
LOSE 12 inches with ANY 12 workouts