1. Holy Sh*t! The marathon is on Sunday!!
2. Holy Sh*t! The marathon is on Sunday!!
3. Holy Sh*t! The marathon is on Sunday!!
That about sums up my 3 Things Thursday.
1. The marathon is of course on my mind. No, I know I am nowhere near ready to cover 26.2 miles but I am determined to do it. People who know me do not have any doubt that I will cross the finish line regardless of my current condition. I wish I had that much confidence right now. Others that may not know quite as well are suggesting that I drop out. In my mind I am telling them to "suck it". See....I am insane! I am going to do and do it to the best of my ability.
2. I ordered a cake for after the marathon on Sunday. It is a white cake, with vanilla bean Bavarian cream filling, and chocolate butter cream frosting. It may have been a total fat chick thing to be more concerned about a cake than the race itself but it is that good. The only thing that would make this cake taste better is if I am wearing my finisher medal while eating it.
3. I may have mentioned this before but this is my 10 year anniversary of running my first marathon. My friend from Phoenix ran it with me 10 years ago (she was the one who dared me to do it!) and she flew in last night so we could run it together again. I am so excited because marathon mania has started. Good race or bad, it will still be fun!