Thursday, September 29, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. Holy Sh*t! The marathon is on Sunday!!
2. Holy Sh*t! The marathon is on Sunday!!
3. Holy Sh*t! The marathon is on Sunday!!

That about sums up my 3 Things Thursday.

1. The marathon is of course on my mind. No, I know I am nowhere near ready to cover 26.2 miles but I am determined to do it. People who know me do not have any doubt that I will cross the finish line regardless of my current condition. I wish I had that much confidence right now. Others that may not know quite as well are suggesting that I drop out. In my mind I am telling them to "suck it". See....I am insane! I am going to do and do it to the best of my ability.

2. I ordered a cake for after the marathon on Sunday. It is a white cake, with vanilla bean Bavarian cream filling, and chocolate butter cream frosting. It may have been a total fat chick thing to be more concerned about a cake than the race itself but it is that good. The only thing that would make this cake taste better is if I am wearing my finisher medal while eating it.

3. I may have mentioned this before but this is my 10 year anniversary of running my first marathon. My friend from Phoenix ran it with me 10 years ago (she was the one who dared me to do it!) and she flew in last night so we could run it together again.    I am so excited because marathon mania has started.  Good race or bad, it will still be fun!

20 comments:

Heather said...

Hope to see you on Sunday!

James said...

Good luck!!

bobbi said...

I really hope to see you this weekend! When are you expo-ing?

That cake alone would make me run to the finish faster :)

Charlotte said...

Good luck! Can't wait to read the recap when you're done!!!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

You go girl! I love that you ordered a cake, what a great idea for a post race treat. I'm doing a 5k Saturday, so I think that at least deserves a cupcake, right?

Marlene said...

Good luck this weekend!!!

TNTcoach Ken said...

What are you doing this Sunday????????

Marissa said...

hahaha, love your three things thursday! Might be the best one I've ever read!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU...CRUSH IT!!!!

Delane said...

Good luck! I'll be cheering for you from Chicago!

Megan said...

You will do great. Thats so sweet your friend is here. That cake sounds delicious and will be well deserved.

Jamoosh said...

Best of luck Sunday. Run it smart and enjoy yourself!

misszippy said...

Awesome Carly! Best of luck to you...enjoy that cake when you finish!

raulgonemobile said...

Cool! Good luck!!

Carolina John said...

Good luck and have fun Sunday!! I know you'll be fine.

and a cake for after the marathon is a fantastic idea. I'm totally going to surprise Kelley with a cake after our next marathon. I'm even going to take total credit for the idea, it's that awesome.

Al's CL Reviews said...

You're going to do great. I love that you got a cake!

ajh said...

Ordering a cake for after the marathon = smartest thing ever!

Good luck.

lifestudent said...

Good luck!

And, I LOVE the cake idea.

Claire said...

I read your blog all the time but never post, but I just wanted to say. Good Luck!! and man I might just finish a marathon for that cake alone, it sounds delicious :)

Megsie said...

OMG! Good LUCK!

fancy nancy said...

OMG!!! Good luck to you!!! Knowing that cake was waiting for me would get me moving!!!