Monday, October 17, 2011

ZeDonks and Camels, Oh My!

Another October weekend is gone and I have to say it was a great one. Diva went to stay with my parents for the weekend so it was just 4 of us.

Friday
I made a trip to REI to buy myself some respectable shoes since I seem to be having some chronic issues with my feet and ankles.  I bought my first pair of Dansko clogs.  I got them in basic boring black.  They are not as ugly as I once thought they were but they are not as cute as the heels I like to wear.  They are wicked comfortable and now I have the itch to get them in brown to complete my waredrobe.  On a side note, I got a pretty good deal on them because I used the REI member 20% coupon.

Saturday
Chubby Hubby and I spend most of the day watching the boys play football.  One had a game (and he made a sweeeeeeet touchdown!!) and one had practice.  After the boys were done playing we decided to head out to Severs Corn Maze and spend the rest of the afternoon there.   They claim to have America's largest corn maze and every year they have an elaborate design (I alway wonder how the heck they do it).  Along with the maze, we enjoyed the corn pit (or at least the boys did), shooting corn out of a cannon, and mini donuts.  Then we looked at some exotic animals (not dancers).  The one that left us scratching our head was the ZeDonk.  I shit you not, a ZeDonk is a zebra/donkey hybird.  The photo below is not the best, but that donkey really does have zebra legs.  CRAZY!  Poor guy, no wonder he didn't want to turn around.
I rode a camel while I was there.  My friend made me do it because she wanted the experience and was not going to do it alone. We stood in line and waited for our turn with a bunch of 6 year olds.  You should have seen the looks we got from other adults.  I do not think I have laughed that hard in a long time, especially after seeing the look on the camel's face when we hopped on its back.  It was absolutely an experience I will never forget.  The guy leading the camel wore a sweatshirt with the company logo:  Camel Towing.  I loved it!
Sunday:
More football and Diva came home.  We all had a great weekend but it stinks that Monday came around so soon.  I didn't run this weekend because I wanted to give my foot/Achillies a little bit more rest before I start up again.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

6 comments:

James said...

I saw the camel and half expected to hear you'd gone to the desert. ha! Looks like a fun outing.

bobbi said...

Still laughing at the camel and zedonk! Awesome!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Ah yes, to be six again......

Diana said...

"Camel Towing"......that rocks!!

Megsie said...

Suzy and you on a camel...how cute!!

Stephanie Anne said...

Danskos rock!! I have a black patent leather pair with silver squiggles. great!