Thursday, November 24, 2011

I'm Not Drunk (Yet)

Happy Thanksgiving!  I wanted to take some time to reflect on all the things I am thankful for in life.  As I was thinking about how blessed I am, I started laughing because I reminded myself of Chubby Hubby's big brother.  When he would throw back a few cocktails, he would get all sappy and hug everyone while telling them how much he loved them.  My Thanksgiving list sounds a lot like him except I am sobe (for now).  Here is just a few things I am thankful for in no particular order:

  1. 1.9901-This is the mileage I ran today without stopping.  It has been WELL over a year since that has happened.  I may have run it at a grandma walks faster pace, but I still did it.
  2. 50 some degrees- Almost unheard of in these parts this time of the year.
  3. Chubby Hubby- Well, love him or hate him....he is mine and I am his (no one else will take us).  Plus he makes some pretty darn good tooth breaking popcorn.
  4. My Kids- They are my pride and joy (although most of the time I pretend I don't know them in public), they make me laugh and teach me new things all the time.  They especially make great toilet cleaners.
  5. My Family- To quote my dad, "Not bad for a bunch of assholes".   They are simply amazing....always there when you need them and not half bad to hang with either.
  6. My Friends- I am blessed to have so many awesome friends that would do anything at anytime for me.  I especially love how they appreciate my OCD tendencies by not posting any photo on the Internet without prior approval.
  7. My Friends that Live in Warmer Climates- I am thankful that I have an open invite(Kelli, if you are reading this, I am inviting myself to your house in February)
  8. My Chub-As much as I don't like the junk in my trunk.....it means that I have enough to eat.
  9. My House- It is too small, it is too old, and it is not in the location we want.  BUT.....it is warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and looks spectacular with Christmas lights (Father of the Bride, anyone??)
  10. My Car- aka the MILF Mobile (I didn't name it but it stuck), It is rusty but it is paid for and it may be one of the only mini vans that does not have any chalk people on the back window.
  11. Blood Donors- Thank you to all that donated blood.  I received 2 units (I said units he he) this past Summer and it literally gave me back my life.
  12. Biofreeze-does it need a reason?
  13. My Job-I may LOATHE my job but I am still thankful that I have one.  At least my boss leaves me alone, I get great benefits, and I am enjoying a 4 day weekend.  I can tolerate it until I find a new one.
  14.  My Dog-Well, not really.  She chews, she pees, and she bites.  I am thankful she is not bigger than a football.
  15. Hockey-A sport that all three of my kids love, one that makes them uber tired, and one that makes the winter go really fast!
  16. Blogging and Bloggers-I love that I have a place to dump my thoughts and I love reading about adventures of other real people.  Thanks for the entertainment and keeping me inspired!
 These are just a few of the many many things in my live that make me so blessed.

What are you thankful for this year?

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

13 comments:

Marlene said...

Woohoo on the run!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Aka Alice said...

Awesome things to be thankful for Carly. Have a wonderful day!

Reggie said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Diana said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family Carly!
50 degrees here too!! I'm NOT happy about that, but it does mean that I can take my "snatch" outside!!

Cathy said...

What a great list for Thanksgiving. Your dad sounds like quite a character! I'm thankful for family and having a healthy body that lets me drag it around for 5 miles at a time!

Enjoy your 4-day weekend!

Megsie said...

Hope you had a great day yesterday! And, for the record, no chalk people on my van either!

Charbelle said...

I love your list I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!1

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

great list! i hope you had an amazing time with your family!

Deanna @ The Unnatural Mother said...

Yeah! Great list, awesome about the run!

Kourtney said...

I am new to blogging and have recently stumbled across yours. I have just been reading others as a start and you truly express yourself through your words. Thanks for sharing and I'll be following you from here on out. Hope you had a happy thanksgiving and a merry Christmas with great strength and health.

African Mango Diet said...

I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative.

http://www.creativebioscience.com said...

It takes approximately one hour for an ounce of alcohol to pass through your body, and shortcuts around that process are few and far between. Thanks.

Weight Loss Punch said...

Alcohol intoxication refers to the physiological state induced by the consumption of alcohol, when it builds up in the bloodstream faster than it can be metabolized by the liver. Thanks.