Friday, November 4, 2011

A Week of Couch Fusion

I can't believe Halloween has come and gone.  This year may have been one of the more lame ones I have lived through because I was sick with some flu like bug.  That would at least explain my extreme crabbiness and my sheer hatred for the Monster Dash.  I spent most of the weekend fused to the couch watching really trashy TV.  I did go to work the rest of the week but had very little energy to do anything but watch TV.  Since I do not have anything to post about running or weight loss, I have a recap of how I lost a few brain cells:

Bridezillas
I have never seen so many trashy foul mouthed bitches in my life.  The whole premise of the show is some girl is getting married and it is her day so she gets to be a total bitch to anyone and everyone.  It is Jerry Springer crossed with TLC's A Wedding Story

I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant
Three words..... What the F#*^;!!!!  Really?  REALLY?  I watched the dramatization of some chick who thought she was constipated grunt and groan on the toilet and low and behold...she literally shit a kid out in the toilet.  Sorry, I just do not buy this crap......especially when they delivered full term babies.  But the show is like a train wreck and I could not stop watching.

Top Secret Recipe
Some dude tries cloning famous foods such as KFC and Cinnabon.  He gets clues to see if he can recreate the junk food.  He lost me when he started stalking people for recipes and did some dumpster diving to see if he could get more information from restaurant's garbage.  To me that seems like it is crossing the line into freakdom.  Now if he could recreate a Reese's candy bar, maybe, but he lost me at KFC.  It was kind of creepy.

The Today Show
Anyone else just wanna pop Ann Curry in the mouth for no real reason? (see I told you I was in a mood).

The one the wins the award:
Sharktopus.  It is a movie about a shark/octopus hybrid that was created by the military. Something goes haywire in this thing and it terrorizes people.  It was beyond bad but it was something that I could not stop watching.  If you are wondering whatever happened to Eric Roberts, you can find him here.  This movie gets the Chubby Chick two thumbs up award (see I told you I was on the couch too long).

In my week of laziness, I did manage to snap a few photos of my monsters on Halloween.....




Hope everyone had a great Halloween.   I back to normal (relatively speaking) and back on track.  Have  a great weekend everyone!

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Speaking of 'train wreck lives on tv', have you seen sister wives? the one about the polygamous family? i can't for the life of me figure out why they live that way and this season it is becoming more and more clear that they are not the happy family they claim to be.

Andrea said...

I make my fiancé watch bridezillas just so he can appreciate how calm and relaxed I really am about the whole wedding planning process :)

Al's CL Reviews said...

I can't turn away from "I didn't know I was pregnant." You should see when they have twins!

WannabeRunner said...

Was your little girl Rapunzel (Tangled)? Love it!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Wow, you did find the worst of the worst on TV. Glad you are feeling better.

Vaudiophile said...

...and here I thought the Sharktopus came from the end scene from the other movie where Mega Shark was fighting Giant Octopus. My wife's theory of Sharktopus was, as they sunk to the bottom of the ocean fighting in the final scene, the shark and octopus stopped fighting and had some wild make up whoopie and __ months later(whatever the mean gestation of a shark and octopus would be)...Sharktopus.

Megsie said...

Now, I guess I don't need cable. Shartopus? Wow. Hope you are feeling better now! BTW, tell me how you got GNR out of the post you commented on...I still can't fathom. I commented on your comment, but I don't think you have read it...

Michelle said...

OK that's some really scary TV - especially the pregnancy show...seriously crazy stuff!

And, yes I often feel that way about Ann Curry...you're not alone :)

Have a good weekend!

Megan said...

lol I thought the same thing. I was off on Tuesday and was thinking how do people watch this shit!

The kids and pumpkins are cute though.

I hope you feel better soon!

The CilleyGirl said...

I love Sharktopus! Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does.

Are all the people on the didn't know I was pregnant show big to start with? Because otherwise, really, how could you not know??

Aka Alice said...

Your kids are too cute! Mine are now officially too old and go to parties with friends. I watched Real Housewives of BH on Monday night (speaking of trash TV...) and passed out candy.

Missy said...

Sometimes you need a recovery week full of trashy tv. I'm in a wedding where the bride is quickly becoming a bridezilla. I'm going to start a pool for bets on how long it takes me to walk away...

Anonymous said...

If you are on a mission to accelerate fat loss and you are looking for something that actually works, check this out: http://41426ko-r6ygto8dkomm1fpln8.hop.clickbank.net/

It is new, it is all natural with no gimmicks, pills or insane promises. Honestly if you want to burn fat faster, have a look at this, it is totally worth it.

ajh said...

I hope you get your love of racing back. If I didn't race I wouldn't want to run.