To start with the not so great stuff:
- Chubby Hubby lost his job in March
- I had to have a blood transfusion in June because of extreme anemia
- Not being able to run the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon (again with the anemia). Bummer because this is a race that is extremely hard to get into and I actually got drawn for the lottery.
- My Achilles seizing up during Twin Cities Marathon forcing me to drop out at mile 15.5 ( can't forget the .5!)
- Not getting the job I really really wanted. I picked a horrible time to attempt a career change.
- Weight gain, depression, and frustration. The three went hand in hand.
Now I will stop being a Debbie Downer and go over the good that 2011 brought:
- I went on three awesome mini vacations this year. Phoenix in February, Vegas in July, and then Florida over Labor Day. These getaways were awesome!
- I completed the following races:
- January- Polar Dash 5k
- February - Lost Dutchman 10k
- March-Get Lucky 7k
- April- Get in Gear 5k
- May-Charities Challenge Memorial Day 5k
- July-Warrior Dash.....what a blast that was!
- August- Urban Wildland 5k.....with my son
- October- 59% of Twin Citites Marathon and the Monster Dash
- I volunteered at the finish line of Grandma's Marathon where I saw many of my friends finish and it got to meet a couple bloggers.
- Speaking of fellow bloggers, I got to meet and spend some time with Bobbi! She blogs at Zero to 26.2 ( I can't figure out how to link on this thing). She is awesome and we will be seeing each other again sometime this year.
- We got a puppy....can I put that in both categories?
- Chubby Hubby returned to the working world and he got to spend the Summer with the kids.
- I started hot yoga and love it both for the workout as well as the stress relief
So how did I do with my goals?
- Have a lunch time date with the gym at least 8 times a month. It shouldn't be hard with my motivated friends, Leah and Sarge. The plan is to go every M, T, W, and the occasional Friday. FAIL
- Participate in an event every month. So far I have committed to the following races: SEMI SUCCESS, I didn't quite make it but I did I'd 8.5 races.
- January: Polar Dash 5K
- February: Lost Dutchman 10K
- March: Get Lucky 7K
- April: Get in Gear 5K or 10K
- Continue with my Pilates class and not give it up this year like I did last year. It is boring but a very necessary evil. SEMI SUCCESS....I dumped Pilates and found hot yoga.
- Make some more progress with Weight Watchers. After all, it is free for me right now and it would be a shame not to use it. FAIL
- Twin Cities Marathon. It will be the 10 year anniversary of me becoming a marathoner. I will do better than I did this year. FAIL....at least I finished last year.
- Do P90X with Chubby Hubby who is also whipping himself into shape. I sort of promised him I would do it. *sigh* That program scares me. FAIL...it is still in the package.
- Read 12 books. A book a month? I can do that. Any recommendations? SUCCESS or close to it
- Take a lot more photos for fun and learn the basics of digital scrap booking. FAIL
- Reduce self-induced stress. We are in the process of making some decisions that will be simplifying our family's life. BIG FAIL
- Catch up on Modern Family episodes. Damn that show is FUNNY! SUCCESS
There was absolutely a lot more great things that happened in 2011, most important my friends and family are healthy. I will be thinking of what I want to accomplish in 2012 over the next few days.
Resolutions? Do you make them?
I am blogging for the first time on my new iPad. It is a fun gadget and I am learning more about it everyday. I am so overwhelmed by the things that it can do so I have just stuck to the basics (errr....play Angry Birds). What are your favorite apps?