Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Catch-up

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone already! We had a fabulous Christmas up North at my parent's house.  The weather was (and still is) UNBELIEVABLE!!!  We have no snow and it has been in the 40's and 50's.  I know our time is coming but I am enjoying every brown minute of it!  The only one that is not enjoying the warm temps is Chubby Hubby.  He built a very large hockey rink in our backyard and it is more like a swimming pool.  The kids are dying to skate on it but it is not possible.  Meanwhile, while my backyard is covered in standing water, I am running around town in a light fleece jacket.  Woo Hoo!

On December 23rd we kicked off the weekend by going to Bentleyville.  It is a tour of lights situated at Bayfront  Festival Park on Lake Superior in Duluth.  It is nothing short of amazing!  The light displays are incredible.  You stroll through these massive light displays while listening to some holiday music and along the way they have wood burning fires, hot chocolate, marshmallows to roast, and popcorn.  They even have a huge skating rink.  The best part about Bentleyville is that it is free!  It is a fun and festive place for everyone to enjoy.  I know we sure did.

Christmas Eve my mom had people over.  It was a small gathering but really fun.  There was a ton of food and a lot more laughs.  Christmas day we opened our presents and then we had even more food.  My brother and I teamed up to make brunch.  We did great!  By we, I of course mean that he did all the cooking and I stood there and watched him.  The rest of the day was spent in stretchy pants watching movies.  We ended the day with another huge meal.  Hence the reason I am still wearing stretchy pants.  Needless to say, we did go way overboard with the food.

A decent photo of the kids, even without threatening them

Next year's Christmas Card.  Ugly sweaters are always funny to me.

The little chewy piss monster.  (I do love her though!)

Bacon, cheese, and onion egg bake

Captain Crunch French Toast

The doggies....they look related don't they?

This is Steve the Head.
  He became part of our family this year.  He has a wicked sense of humor and make one hell of a tree topper.
My brother received him as a white elephant gift and we had some fun with him.

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays!!!

My blog has been a bit "drafty" lately.  My posts have not been being published.  I have had a bit of writers blog but mostly I have not had anything to blog about.  I haven't had anything to blog about because I have fallen so far off the wagon and I didn't want to use this as a platform to piss and moan.  My motivation is back and I will be updating more as time goes on.

7 comments:

cathysrunning said...

Love the ugly sweaters! I think I own something like those! We are having very mild weather also - I miss the rain and winter fog...I can't believe I said that! Glad you had an enjoyable Christmas!

bobbi said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous holiday! I have to know...what is captain crunch french toast??

(training season = right around the corner ;) )

ajh said...

Cute picture of the dogs and best white elephant present ever.

Megan said...

I'm so glad you had a great holiday. Question for you....how do you enter the lottery for the MSP half? I can't find it?

Andrea Crookston said...

Glad to know someone else is off the wagon too ;) I look forward to your future posts on getting back on it!

Carolina John said...

Merry Christmas Carly! Man your kids just keep on growing. Glad you had a fun holiday.

Megsie said...

This was a lovely Christmas post. I am so glad you had a Merry Christmas!