Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Do I Hear Crickets?

Hello...Hello.....is anyone out there?
The blog has been quiet lately and making a joke of my New Year's Resolution to blog at least 4 times a week.  I haven't been blogging because of a perfect storm of issues....not much on the running front (in the last couple of weeks), lack of time, being sick, and a really really bad case of writer's block.  My dad asked me again why I haven't updated my blog.  I know when he mentions it, it has been far too long.

I better not disappoint daddy, so here is a run down of what I have been up to.
  • I have been sick.  I got the stomach flu and that was followed up by one of the worst colds I have ever had.  It is going on over two weeks now and I am sick of being sick!!!
  • My family has had the same crud.  Puking, coughing, and snotty noses.....fun times.
  • Work and looking for new work.
  • Hockey.  It really has become a huge part of our life.  I would protest but we love it almost as much as our kids.
Hockey Diva
Looking at the list above, there really has not been much on the blogging front.  I did however want to write about One Breath, One Step a workshop put on by Prior Fat Girl, Jen.  This event was on Saturday, January 21st.  Truthfully I was not excited to go because in my mind, I pictured it to be very Oprah-esque and preachy.  A friend of mine talked me into it and said prior events were awesome.  Knowing that she is not one to waste her time on silly things, I signed up.  I am so glad I did because it was an awesome event and not at all what I had pictured.

There were three incredible speakers.  Mary, from Fit This Girl spoke about making changes that last.  She shared her story of how she made it to lifetime after following Weight Watchers and put back on a bunch of weight because she thought she had "made it" and could stop doing the program.   Philly D from Moksha Yoga, spoke about rising up to the occasions in your life and getting rid of the toxic thoughts in our heads.  He shared stories that made us laugh and cry but left us inspired.  Last but not least, was Elle, Another Prior Fat Girl.  She shared her ups and downs on her weight loss journey.  I could related to everything she has experienced.  Not only did I enjoy the speakers, but I got to meet some great ladies too.  Plus, I walked away with a sweet bag of swag filled with healthy snacks and samples.  I could go on and on, but I will keep it short and sweet.  I was a great event and gave me a healthy does of motivation (minus the Oprah).

So yeah....about the blogging writer's block....I am throwing myself back into it.  I am going to take it back to basics and post about my running and weight loss.  I may be starting off again from square one with running, but I am happy to report that I am officially down 15lbs since Christmas.   Woot!!!

I did sneak in a very short run tonight.  My body is still rebelling from being sick.  I ran a little and then walked the rest.  This cold needs to go away so I can really make some progress.

9 comments:

bobbi said...

I've missed your updates - glad to see you back, and hopefully you are feeling 100% again SOON!

Michelle said...

Oh that stinks that you've been sick! Hope you're feeling better!

I know what you mean about hockey - it can take over, but it's fun!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

a whole family of sick is just no fun at all.

i almost always end up enjoying events that i go to...something about a bunch of people with a common interest that sparks motivation

Michelle Dragoo said...

Glad to see you posting, and hope you and your family feel better soon!!! xoxo

Sarah G said...

Glad you're back! Hope you feel better soon.

TNTcoach Ken said...

15 lbs since Xmas is great! Even I'm down a few......... Writer's block implies that I should have something to write about.... HA

Al's CL Reviews said...

Awesome job on the weighloss.

The event sounded good!

raulgonemobile said...

Hope you and your family feel better... Excellent job on the weight loss!!

Marissa said...

glad you're back :)

Sorry you've been sick. Yea, I had writers block a while back, but kinda feeling back in the swing of things lately...here's hoping you get back to blogging happily again soon :)