Thursday, January 5, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1.  It is 40 something degrees in Minnesota today.  January 5th!  I do not mean 40 BELOW zero....I am talking about an ice melting 40 degree heat wave.  I don't have to tell you that this is almost unheard of this time of year.  If this is global warming.....I am not complaining.  Mother Nature screwed us last year with a winter that lasted 7 months. 
The only person that may not be loving this weather is Chubby Hubby.  He is a very devoted hockey dad and built a Hugh Jass hockey rink in our back yard.  Winter is half over and we are still not able to skate on it.  We have played a little boot hockey but it is not ready for skates.  Oh well I say....I love hockey too but that is why we have indoor rinks.....bring on the warm weather!!!

2.  My plan for the evening is to sneak in a little run and go to hot yoga.  I am going to take advantage of this awesome weather and run outside despite the patches of ice.  This time of year is typically hard for me to run.  I loathe the treadmill with all of my being but running outside tends to be treacherous with the ice.  I am glad we are having mild temps because I am motivated to run.

3.  I will use bullet point numero three to brag a little bit.  I think I have lost all of the holiday weight I put on since October.  Yay!  This time it is not because of  a crazy detox or special diet it eating less and moving more.  Huh....who knew that would actually work!  Adding to that formula, I am tracking my food and not having Chubby Hubby's popcorn with an undisclosed amount of butter on it.  I have dropped about 9lbs since Christmas.  Seems like a crazy amount but most of it was my body releasing the massive amount of water weight from all of the sodium I consumed.

13 comments:

GISrunner said...

Congrats on the weight loss, Carly! Eat less, move more, huh ... what a revelation :)

So I guess I should say that I hope your family has a chance to use your rink a lot, but as a Southerner, I just find that unnatural!

christina said...

woohoo good job on the holiday weight loss :) and wow that is an impressive rink in the back yard!

Christina
http://last-weight-loss-journey.blogspot.com/

Andrea Crookston said...

I love that you have constructed an ice rink in your backyard!

Congrats on the 9!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Damnit, now the weather gods will read your blog and your heatwave will be a thing of the past! We're getting warmer temps too and that means no rest days for this guy!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Nice job on your Hugh Jass weight loss!

Michelle said...

Nice job on the holiday weight loss! Enjoy the mild temps while they last - suppose to be 50 here this weekend! I love it!

ajh said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

And this "hot" weather is amazing. It was very cold Tuesday (or maybe we are just not used to it) but it has warmed right back up.

trifitmom said...

my husband would kill for a backyard ice rink.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Awesome job on the weightloss!

Lily on the Road said...

Crazy A$$ weather! Our temperatures are all over the place too.

Holy moly on the weight loss, you GO GIRL!

Megsie said...

WhooHOOO! NINE pounds since Christmas! That is awesome Carly!

Missy said...

THat rink looks awesome!

Delane said...

We finally have winter in Chicago. I took until January 10th tough. IT.HAS.BEEN.AWESOME!