Sunday, February 5, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

I finally feel like I am breaking out of my two year slump.  It was a great weekend and I am finally seeing some measurable progress.  I ran both days this weekend without taking a walk break.  This is a huge step forward.  I cannot remember the last time I was able to say this.  I have been working on mastering my neighborhood loop which is approximately 2.2528 miles.  Once that gets a bit easier, I will bump it up.  

Mother nature is helping me break this slump.....it was pushing 50 degrees here on Saturday. Normally we are buried under snow and it is barely above zero degrees.  You will not find me complaining one bit!!!  Since we are getting a reprieve from our normal winter hell, I had better not waste one single day.

With the running, I was able to sneak in a hot yoga class this weekend as well. Since I am not a football fan, I decided to skip the Super Bowl (I did catch the Half Time Show and LOVED IT).   It had been a couple of weeks since I have done the practice and I was a little worried that I would be rusty.  My balance was completely out of whack but felt great during class.  I know tomorrow might be interesting getting out of bed.  Usually the day after yoga, I feel like I got hit by a bus because my muscles are so sore.  It is a good pain.  

The rest of the weekend was of course hockey related.  The kids had practices on Saturday and games on Sunday.  My oldest had the opportunity to skate with the University of Minnesota Gopher hockey team.  Since we are big Gopher Hockey fans, he was completely and totally star struck.  It was a really fun event and these guys put the biggest smile on the kids' faces.  
A big giant gopher might be a weird and somewhat creepy mascot, but he is so cute!
How can you not love him?

Autographs!

My son and his friend grinning ear to ear while posing with Goalie, Kent Patterson

The team skated with the kids and signed autographs.  I am sure being college students this was probably the last thing these guys wanted to do on a weekend day.  I joked with my friend that the guys were probably super hungover from a Friday night bender and they were taking bets on which teammate would puke first.  If that was the case, they hid it well!  They certainly made my son's day because he got to hang out with "famous" people.

9 comments:

Megan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! and it sounds like a great weekend for the whole fam:)

misszippy said...

Congrats Carly! I'm glad things are going so well.

Lisa said...

Good job. Glad Mother Nature is helping give you the extra motivation to go outside and run.

Carolina John said...

Very cool! Nice job knocking those miles down. Hockey sounds like it was a blast too.

Megsie said...

It was so great to see you yesterday! We definitely need to catch up. Congrats on the -15 and the running this weekend! Good for you! I ate a bunch of junk a`la the superbowl!

christina said...

Congrats and great pics!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. The hockey pics are great!

Michelle Dragoo said...

Great job hon!!!! Proud of you!

Marissa said...

congrats to YOU :) BE PROUD!!

ah, sadly I've NEVER seen a hockey game and I sooo wanna go!!!