Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday Night

My weekend started with this.....

Diva (clearly living up to her name) had dance photos on Friday night. She loves her dance class but hates the frilly costumes. Can't blame her.....they are hideous. I bribed her and she agreed to wear it for the photos. I promised her ice cream with sprinkles for dinner. I am not proud, but she end up cooperating. Perhaps I should try out for the show Toddlers and Tiaras. By the end of this wonderful experience I was pretty much having the reaction shown above because they were behind scheduled by an hour. It goes without saying that I followed this up with a cold beer.

I was supposed to do a 4 mile tempo run Friday, but that didn't happen because of the event mention above. I did however get the rest of my workouts in this week. My Wednesday night 5 miler was great, but I can't say the same for the 3 milers on Thursday and today. I felt heavy and I had to stop and walk a couple of times. I guess they all can't be good runs. I just hope my 9 miler goes okay in the morning. NINE miles....yikes. Not going to lie, I am kind of scared.

 

 

7 comments:

Losing Lindy said...

You have to do what you have to do. I have bribed V to do things too. My current one I am working on is going to church in the morning. We don't have Sunday school this week and it is the first day in months where we don't have to be somewhere. He just wants to stay home.

Megsie said...

She looks so beautiful sans the crying. My girls LOVE the sparkle and the bling, as long as it doesn't itch or scratch.

NINE miles...holy cow. Good luck!

Tish said...

I watch my two grandkids (2 & 4) 4 days a week. I know that expression! You're doing great on your running. I'm getting my mileage back up, but it's more walking than running right now. Maybe when some more weight comes off I'll run more.

ajh said...

Somehow they look really cute when they're angry. At least if they're not yours!

CharisFaith said...

Oh my goodness she is seriously too cute!!!! I think the ice cream with sprinkles bribe was a fabulous idea!!!

Abbie Anderson said...

I love love your site. I’m putting together a huge giveaway in conjunction with a novel about a runner. We’ve received some amazing sponsors for our giveaway and hoping you will be a part of it. I couldn't find an email address to send you more info. Please email me at bubcoats@hotmail.com and I can give you the entire scoop.

Abbie Anderson

Julie F said...

Late to the party on this one....hahahahahaha GREAT picture!