Thursday, March 1, 2012

Three Things Thursday-Late Night

  1. Tonight's run is brought to you by the letter "S"....Slippery, Slushy, Sloppy, Slow, and ultimately Sucky.  We got a ton of rain and sleet yesterday and it the sidewalks were mostly clear but I hit them late enough in the evening when they were starting to freeze.  I ran with a bit more care with each step because the last thing I wanted to do was slip and fall on my arse.  I probably would have been better off on the treadmill, but I hate that machine so much that I would rather risk blowing a knee due to a fall than run inside.  I covered a little over 3 miles in 39 minutes.
  2. I jumped on the scale this morning and I saw a number that I haven't seen in a couple of years.  That is good news.  I need this momentum to continue....I am closing in on the 20lb mark.
  3. This weekend is going to be CRAZY.  It is our last official weekend of Hockey (until Spring League starts in two weeks).  We have games coming out of our ears.  On top of lots of hockey I am reliving my childhood by going to a Rick Springfield concert with my mom.  Quit laughing.  He was my very first concert and I saw him with my mother when I was in 3rd grade.  I couldn't pass up this opportunity, we just had to go!  As I was bragging about my special concert, my youngin' friend at work, ask "Who's Rick Springfield".  *Sigh*  I really am getting old.

    I still puffy heart Rick

    12 comments:

    Elle said...

    Well I know who Rick Springfield is! Have a ball.

    And nice going on the downward trend on the scale too. Wahoooo!

    PiccolaPineCone said...

    I remember Rick! But I'm betting he doesn't look like that anymmore! Belated congratulations on your half marathon.

    Losing Lindy said...

    yay on the weight loss!

    Carolina John said...

    You only get 2 weeks between hockey seasons? wow that's close.

    Taryn said...

    Hooray for weight loss and Rick Springfield. Have fun!!!

    TNTcoach Ken said...

    I HATE my scale. Lying piece of machinery........ Oh, sorry I'm suppose to comment on your post! HA

    Brittany said...

    Nice work getting your run in despite the yucky conditions!!

    Al's CL Reviews said...

    Runs, Scales and Rick Springfield, Oh my! Have a great time, and congrats!

    Megsie said...

    RICK! I still remember him on General Hospital! (Which, by the way, I still watch...shut up.)

    Have a great time!

    Missy said...

    Rick's coming back to GH, too ;)

    christina said...

    woohoo on the scale - way to go!

    Christina
    http://last-weight-loss-journey.blogspot.com/

    Aly said...

    I LOVE Rick Springfield. A friend and I saw him in concert 3-4 years ago at a small venue and he was AMAZING!!! Hope you enjoyed!

    Congrats on the weight loss!!!