I am finally feeling great. I am finally excited for my next run. I can finally run more than a mile without stopping. I can finally run a mile without dryheaving. Progress. Finally. I love it!
- Sunday's training run was supposed to be 6 miles. I had a hell of a weekend. The kids' hockey schedule and driving to Duluth and back left me exhausted and flopped on the couch. My training conscience kept nagging me so I put my shoes on and headed out. I told myself that I could shorten the run if I needed to but I just needed to do something. I put in 4 fast (for me) miles. In my mind 4 miles is better than zero.
- Monday was a rest day and I did an hour of hot yoga. I think I may routinely do yoga the day after my long run.
- Tuesday, I ran 3 miles and was shocked to find that all of them were less than 11:30/minute pace (two were under 11:00!!). This is huge for me, I never run that "fast".
- Last night, I chose to make it another rest day because my allergies were killing me and Diva was just diagnosed with Pneumonia. Poor thing, she has been miserable. I have mommy guilt because she has been sick for so long and I simply assumed she kept getting different colds because she would get better then get sick again.
Rick Springfield fans, I am happy to report that he is still HOT! Even at 62 years old. SIXTY FREAKING TWO.
- I never in my life thought I would see my kid crush at Black Bear Casino in Cloquet, Minnesota.
- It was a riot. I now have my third favorite people watching place, the first two being the Minnesota State Fair and the Richfield 4th of July Carnival.
- It was a bunch of middle aged women and a few guys that got dragged along.
- Undies were thrown on stage......Ladies PSA: If you are going to throw underbritches on stage, please make sure they are lacey and cute.....not gianormous Fruit of the Loom bikini cut.
- Rick came out into the crowd several times. He ran across chairs and I was a little worried that he might break a hip.
- Rick came down our row and I almost, ALMOST got to
goose himhigh five him, but some guy who got dragged to the show by his wife was in my way.
- His songs brought out the romantics in the audience. A couple in front of me where tongue wrestling. They even put their hands in each other's back pockets. Isn't that cute?
- My friend Carlee (she spells it wrong, hehe) had 4 row seats and got to meet him. Hmmmpf.
- Did I mention he is still hot????
|This is the guy who stood in the way of me |
|I want to be Jesse's Girl|