This long run was made possible by the following products:
- Ibuprofen* I don't usually pop vitamin I before a run, but today my run depended on it.5 hour energy-AKA liquid crack....it was a nice little pick me up to get me going.
- Biofreeze-Worked well with the Ibuprofen on my ankle
- Body Glide-this needs no explanation
- Flovent-It is allergy season and it helps me breath
- GU-I love the Espresso Love!
- Margarita Shot Bloks-These things rock at preventing cramps
- My Shuffle
I took a huge gamble on this run and it in brand new shoes. I know this is not the thing to do to break in new kicks. I bought them yesterday and I was ranting and raving about how much I hated my old shoes to the sales person. I told him that they brought bad juju since I wore them in my DNF Twin Cities Marathon last October. I went on to explain that all of my long runs have sucked every time I wore these shoes therefore they must be cursed. He politely smiled (and maybe rolled his eyes) and went to get me some new shoes to try.
He was very helpful and got me back into some Sauconys. I mentioned that I had an 18 mile run today and he told me DO NOT run that distance in brand new shoes. I responded "okay". He looked at me and said "you are going to run in them tomorrow, aren't you?" I just smiled....the bad juju shoes are gone.
In with the new.....
Out with the old.....
I hope my new shoes will bring me a lot more luck with Grandmas in less than 4 weeks!