I thought I would "Tri" something new. I signed up for a TRIATHLON. I
I never really had the desire to complete a tri so truthfully I am not sure why I am doing this. They look like so much damn work. I am not going to lie, I am a bit scared to swim in the lake. There are critters in there and I don't do wildlife real well. Plus, I have seen one too many dogs take a dump in Lake Nokomis (gag). Did I mention, I have not done an athletic type swim since high school? Worse than putting on a swimsuit and swimming in a fish invested, shitty lake is the bike. I have visions of myself wiping out or doing a Superman over my handle bars. My on a bike is going to be very interesting.
As I type this, I am kind of questioning my sanity for signing up for something when I am not a fan of two out of the three events. So why am I doing this? I have outlined a few reasons below
- It seemed like a good idea at the time.
- I am doing it with my friend Leah.
- I was promised beer and cake afterwords.
- It looks kinda fun.
- It will give me something fresh to blog about.
- It is something new and different and I want to see what the triathlon hoopla is all about.
- It is an easy one for first timers (or so says my friend Jill).
- You can use pool noodles if needed (yay!!!)
- I would like to incorporate swimming into my routine and if I don't have an event that requires it, I will never do it.
- It is close to home.
- It is for chicks only.
- I won't know if I like it until I "tri" it.
Any words of advice for a Virgin Triathlete?