Friday, October 12, 2012

600!

Today is my 600th post!

Sorry.  I really don't have an exciting post laid out today.  Cue the confetti for my bulleted list of boring BS today!  Woo!!!


  • I am entering my 5th day being completely gluten free. It could be my mind playing games, but I feel pretty good.  I don't feel as congested, my eyes aren't as watery, and I feel less bloated.   
  • So far, it has been fairly easy giving up the gluten.  Have I wanted the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin from Starbucks?  Ummm, yes.  But I seemed to forget about it pretty quick after I walked out of the store so I couldn't have needed it that bad.  The worst part about being gluten free right now is having to plan ahead.
  • We had a Trader Joe's open up in my 'hood and I couldn't be more excited.  I love that place!!  My latest favorite discovery was their corn pasta.    I made it for the family and it was really good.  They didn't know the difference. It is nice to have options for family favorites that are gluten free and don't cost an arm and a leg.
  • My mile runs this week have been pretty consistent between 10:20-10:30/mile.  I truly hope there is a day that I can string a bunch of miles together during a long slow run at this pace.  But for now, this might be my puking threshold.  My "long run" this weekend is going to be about 2 miles.
  • Gopher Hockey kicks off tonight!  I may or may not have made plans hang out at a local watering hole to watch the game while my son is at football practice.   I will adjust my Mother of the Year crown now.  A girl has to have her priorities.


Happy Weekend!

I am honored and humbled to be nominated again to be in the running for the Circle of Moms Top 25 Health and Wellness Blogs.  I would be even more honored and humbled if you voted for Chubby Chicks Run Too.... by clicking the link below (I am not above some shameless attention whoring).

4 comments:

Megsie said...

Great job with the Gluten Free...I am not sure, but I think Aldi (sp?) has the same stuff as Trader Joe's without the Trade mark, so it is even cheaper. There is one right next door to Lunds on Penn and Crosstown in Richfield. It is worth a check out at least...let me know if the rumor is true. They are owned by the same company, so I heard that the only difference is the packaging.

Carolina John said...

I lost every bit of energy I had on gluten free stuff. killed me. Good job!

Ironmom (Julie) said...

If you're liking how you feel gluten free, you should really go for it and try Paleo! Might have to change the name of your blog afterward. :)

MojoMissy said...

Hmm, maybe I should research gluten free. I'm constantly bloated, itchy watery eyes etc...