Thursday, October 18, 2012

Three Things Thursday

NOONER
I have been having a "nooner" with Sarge this week.  Get your mind out of the gutter, we have been running over lunch.  I am a bit shocked that I have peeled my arse away from my desk to join her.   Every time she would suggest it to me I would roll my eyes and tell her I was too busy with facebook work.  She called me out when I was whining about how I keep missing my evening workouts because of the kids' schedules and suggested that lunch was the perfect time to go.  I just rolled my eyes and told her that I was not interested.

She didn't buy it my excuse.  I received a text message telling me not to forget my running clothes on Monday.

crap.

I caved.  I have now run with her for the past three days and I have loved it.  We were running partners when I first started this blog and she is my perfect running mate.  I had forgotten how much I love running with her.  We ran for 20 minutes at a good chug and then we walked the remaining 1.5 miles back to the office.  I almost hit 2 miles in the span of 20 minutes today.  We are both working on building up our mileage, though she is in better shape than I am.  I piss, moan, and grunt (yes grunt) the entire time and she puts up with me.  

GLUTEN FREE
I have been gluten free for almost two weeks.  I am noticing a HUGE difference.   I have not changed anything besides removing gluten from my diet.  I have lost 6lbs and I am not as bloated.  My head congestion is a lot better, my eyes are not as itchy.  The biggest thing I have noticed is that my throat is no longer tight.  I suffered from having a tight throat and just figured it was anxiety.  Huh...who knew?  On a side note, why does typing "tight throat" sound dirty? Anyway....removing gluten has not been too painful......yet.

SCHOOL!
I am going back to school.  I can't believe I really typed that.  When I graduated from college I vowed I would NEVER take another class for as long as I lived.  Well, never say never.   At almost 40 years old, I have decided that I want a career in a field that I enjoy.  I have been checking out different programs (master's degrees, certifications, etc...) and I have decided on getting a couple of certifications under my belt for web development and interactive marketing.  This is the first time in my life that I have been able to articulate something that I am interested in pursing.  Though I am still trying to pick the program that will be the best fit for me, I am planning on starting in January.   It is so exciting and scary at the same time.  I will start with one class and see how it goes!!  I never thought I would be excited about school!!


Please vote for me!!!  Voting closes in 15 days and I am going to shamelessly self promote myself until the bitter end.  

7 comments:

Sandra said...

voted!
way to go on the lunch runs. I did that once - lol. maybe twice -hehe.
I should start again now that it's cooler (before winter hits).
keep it up girl!!

Megsie said...

I am ALWAYS excited to take classes. I wish I had time to do just that. Not yet. I hope soon. Good for you for taking the plunge!

MojoMissy said...

I'm definitely trying the gluten free. My sinuses just might thank me. Did you eliminate it immediately?

Jess said...

Good luck going back to school!

Lisa said...

I'm not sure I could handle gluten free (apparently i love gluten rich foods). But I'd probably feel better if I did.

Kamran Ahmed said...

5 Tips to a flat stomach

There are long lasting ways to
get the amazing middle you crave.
These genius tips
will help you shed inches and pounds, banish the bloat,
and feel even more gorgeous.
we have very best advice for quickly
shrinking your tummy. Here are the surprising
Hello, skinny jeans!
Stop making these 5 Major mistakes
and you will finally lose your stubborn belly fat
http://juicyabs.com
http://www.facebook.com/5TipsToAFlatStomach?skip_nax_wizard=true

Caroline said...

I've been considering running at lunchtime. Do you shower after? I don't want to be nasty for the rest of the day....