Thursday, October 25, 2012

Yurbuds Party #INSPIREFORWOMEN

Through the blogging grapevine, I learned of yurbuds.  I read countless product reviews about how awesome these things were.  Since I am typically the type of person that needs to physically touch things before buying, I never ordered a pair online despite their glowing review.  I was over the moon when I saw that yurbuds had a vendor booth at the Twin Cities Marathon Expo last year.  I got fitted and promptly purchase my first pair....in orange.  I fell in love with them right away.  There was no hurting ears and they stayed put; two problems solved!  I raved about these things and made all of my friends buy their own pair.  I think you can catch my drift on how much I love these headphones.  With that said, you can only imagine my horror when I found out that I lost one getting to the starting line of Grandma's Marathon! (The bud got caught up in an unfortunate wardrobe malfunction).

Someone, somewhere hear my primal scream and out of the blue I was contacted MomSelect and yurbuds to see if I was interested in a product review.  Better yet, they asked if I wanted to host an Inspire for Women running Party.  They had me at PARTY.  If it is one thing I do know how to do, it is throw a party. 

Delivered to my door, was 10 boxes that contained the following:
  • Pre-workout inspiration
  • yurbuds product information
  • Suggested workout songs from Ironman Champion Mirinda "Rinny" Carfra
  • During workout motivation
  • yurbuds Inspire for Women Sport Earphones
  • yurbuds Sweaty Bands®
  • Post-workout recovery
  • yurbuds "INSPIRE" sports towel
  • A yummy and nutritious snack


I decided to really get into the them of #inpspireforwomen.  I invited a few of my friends that have been a source of support and inspiration for me.  I had a couple of activities planned to make everyone think about what inspires them to run, what their goals for 2013 are, and a nice note of motivation written to another woman in the group.  I burned a play list of power songs that contained favorites from each of the guests.  We also went for a run, albeit a short one (we had some wine to drink!!!).  I kind of worried that my guests would roll their eyes and stone me for be Oprah-esque.  I was relieved when they got into it.








Two of my special guests participated in a virtual fashion.  I LOVE that they got into this (and love that they are still having summer weather as I am sitting here FREEZING).


Bobbi
Kelli
When it came time to bust out the headphones, the ladies were seriously impressed.  I sounded like I should be the spokespersonon for yurbuds because I rambled on and on like I was getting commission for sales.  When I love a product I can't help but run my mouth.  The best part is that yurbuds are now available in Target stores (retail price $29.99).  I think they are a perfect gift item!!  I hope my friends like them as much as I do.  Speaking of liking them....you can like yurbuds on Facebook.

The best part about the night was not the food, wine, or even the swag.  It was getting a group of busy women together to encourage and inspire each other (I know, I sound like Oprah and I am not trying to be like her).  We all realized that we could use more nights like this one so we are starting a monthly running club.  I am excited to be a part of something that will lift me up on the days where my motivation is low (like today).  It is nice to know that someone has your back.


Thank you to Momselect and yurbuds for this amazing opportunity!

Disclaimer:  I was provided the gift sets from MomSelect and yurbuds.  The opinions are truthful based on my own experiences.

Still begging for love!!!  vote for me (pretty pleeeeease)!

11 comments:

bobbi said...

So fun! Thanks for letting me be a part of things!

Megsie said...

Sounds like you had a blast. Carly=Oprah. I love Oprah. xo

Losing Lindy said...

HOw cool!!!

Vaudiophile said...

I believe my card would say "I don't know why the hell I run,"

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

awww I love everyone's notes that is so fun!!! this is a great way to share them!

i voted for you too

Aka Alice said...

I've been wondering about those Yurbuds. I used to go through earbuds like one goes through... I don't know, toilet tissue or something like that. I've had my current pair for awhile now, but when they go, I'll give 'em a try.

As I was reading everyone's notes I was thinking about my line... I think I run because it gives me an excuse to hang out with my girlfriends...yeah, that's it!

Glad you hung out with yours. Looks like fun!

Yasmin said...

I love my yurbuds. The first pair I bought fizzled out, I'm hard on the actual headphone wire connection. The new ones I got are blue and have an angled headphone jack connector. So far, so good!

Anonymous said...

ugg kids classic ugg bailey button review ugg shoe sale http://www.vtallboots.org.uk [url=http://www.bootssecher.co.uk][img]http://www.bootssecher.co.uk/images/ugg-boots.jpg alt="ugg" title="ugg boots cheap"[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.bootssecher.co.uk/#i3j26q90z][b]cheap ugg[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.fdidboots.co.uk/#s7j59n08n][b]fdidboots.co.uk[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.vtallboots.org.uk/#s7w36j65b][b]ugg boots[/b][/url]

Anonymous said...

Howdу! Τhis article could not be written much better!
Lookіng at this рoѕt rеminԁs me of mу prеvious rοommate!

He always kept preаching about thіs. ӏ
will send this аrticle to him. Fairly certain he will haνe a very goоd rеad.
Mаny thanks for shаring!
Also visit my website :: datinghot.net

Hostpph said...

I don't have problem with ordering something online. I don't need to touch them. I think the review is good enough for me.

Anonymous said...

Free Proxy Servers are utilised for anonymous browsing. Most frequent use of cost-free proxy server is to bypass the university/place of work or any other place's safety constraints and access unrestricted websites. But [url=http://scrapeboxfaq.com/ ]Private Proxies buyproxies.org [/url] servers really should be used with caution. If utilized with out protection actions, it can end result in massive loss as in contrast to edge of browsing the internet anonymously. There are two methods through which you can cover your identity (your IP deal with) when browsing the net. First and the most low-cost way is to use totally free proxy server. There are numerous windows and linux proxy internet sites accessible on the world wide web which lets you use their solutions totally free of cost. The other alternative for hiding your identity is to use paid computer software. The IP hiding computer software, adjustments your IP tackle continually to allow you browse web anonymously.

There are few essential factors you require to hold in brain when employing totally free proxy servers.

one.) View out for your stability

Do not give out any delicate information such as your login specifics or credit card data when employing different proxy servers simply because when you use totally free proxy server, all the data you provide on any site is initial sent to totally free proxy server and then to the website server. So all the information go via the cost-free proxy server and most of the time it is unencrypted, exposing your sensitive info for potential misuse.

Paid out software are considerably much better in terms and conditions of stability. There systems are made to conceal your IP and then discard all your details with no any human involvement.

two.) Balance and Availability

There are numerous totally free proxy server sites but most of them are not secure and are not offered every single time you pay a visit to them. This problem is not extremely substantial with paid application.

3.) Speed of Browsing

When you use any proxy server for hiding your IP, you can feel the gradual velocity of browsing instantaneously. However there are very good web sites available for anonymous browsing but they are very difficult to find. Also, speed is not regular it depends largely on load on their servers. At occasions you do get very good browsing pace but it really is not constant. Once more, paid out application for hiding IP are considerably much better at searching speed. As they cost for their companies, they ensure that the consumer knowledge is far better and you do not get sluggish speed while browsing the net through their software program.

They are also fantastic when you locate a good quality one that masks your place of origin. When searching for a On the web Proxy make certain it has Java put in so you can watch movies. As you can sometimes have your region of origin cloaked but if java does not function it is not significantly use.