Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cyber Monday and Other Stuff


There is nothing like finding a good deal.  It gets better when that good deal comes in the form of a race fee (race fees have gotten RIDONKULOUS!)  Well, a good deal can make me do stupid things.....like sign up for the Warrior Dash.  I took advantage of the Cyber Monday $35.00* deal.  I know I VOWED I would not do it again but it was cheap and fun (kind of like me).  I had to be talked into it a bit but in the end the mud, beer, and the fuzzy helmet convinced me that I should do it.

*Plus a nifty $7.25 "handling fee"....ummmm handle this.

I am back to tracking on the online journal (My Fitness Pal.  Please friend me if you are on there....I am listed as "prell003").  I am on a mission to get control back after losing my mind post Chubby Hubby lay off.  I am not a fan of recording my pie hole stuffage but it truly is one of the only things that works for me.  Big girl pants are on and I am making it a habit.


Who wants to play hockey?????

This is our backyard rink this year.  Kudos to Chubby Hubby for building this for us.  The lights were my idea (that I stole from my friend) though he would tell you otherwise.  The lights are just part of it....they turn on by remote, he made his own "zamboni", and he did some plumbing to run HOT water outside. It took about nine hours to fill.  Now we are just waiting for the temps to drop so we can skate (I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE EXCITED FOR COLD!!!).  My role in this project is to stock up on firewood and the fixins for hot toddies. 

That is all I have for now.  I was hoping to post about my fabulous run tonight but it was not in the cards.  Instead, I hung out with the family and got caught up on some neglected things in my house.  Exciting, I know.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I have a few nehphews over in Northfield who would LOVE to come over and test that rink out! :)

MojoMissy said...

Job losses are always tough. I've battled one this year and am now making the commitment to get my health back.

That rink is AWESOME! So very cool!

Carolina John said...

cool! The rink is looking sharp this year. so much fun!