Sunday, November 18, 2012

I am Back!

Well, I never really was gone.  I was just caught up in that crazy little thing called LIFE.  Another bunch of weeks have flown by since my last blog post and I was reminded of this fact when my father mentioned there has been a lack of writing and gave me a look like he was missing an episode of his favorite soap opera.  He also reminded me that a blog post was needed to express gratitude for all of the votes that helped me make the cut to be in the  Circle of Moms Top 25 Health and Wellness Blogs.  I am very excited to be one of the top 25 again this year!!!  I would not be there without you guys!!

THANK YOU!!!


The last month has been full of all kinds of ups and downs.  Here is a not so brief run down:

FIVE Years:
Chubby Chicks Run Too has been around for 5 years!!!  Wow, I can't believe how time has flown.  I celebrated by reading some of my old posts.  I have to say I am a truly a disturbed individual.  If you are interested, you can read my very first post HERE.
It truly seems like yesterday and I can remember the day well when I decided to launch a little blog that I never thought anyone would ever see.  I had a 3month old baby, a 3 year old, and a 5 year old. 
Wow.  It is fun to look back but kinda depressing to see I have not made much progress since the inception of this blog.

Craptastic Stuff:
Chubby Hubby got laid off last month.  Stressful?  Yes.  End of the world?  No (not yet). He has some things on the horizon that are looking promising.   I am crossing my fingers and holding my breath that he will be back in the breadwinner seat soon.

Halloween:
Stress (see reason above) + Halloween Candy = 10lbs.  I would have been better off not doing a Google search for "Gluten Free Candy" because the kids got a lot of my favorites and they ended up being things that are on my safe list.  Being that it was gluten free, I took that as a license to eat as much as I could.  Ugh.  Thankfully it is gone in the form of 1,353,123,586,257,369 calories consumed (lot of it was also donated to Operation Gratitude). 

We got so much candy because I think my little monsters won them over with their costumes and sweet personalities (ha).  I have to pat myself on the back because I made the boys' school costumes.  'Twas 9:00PM on the Eve of Halloween and neither boy had a costume.  I completely copycatted an idea from Twitter and pulled out some white electrical type, black sweat pants, and cardboard.  The result:  Chalk People.  What the hell did people do to wow their friends with their "creativity" before social media?
Diva on the other hand change her mind about being an adorable witch with a fun orange tutu and decided to go as a Minnesota Gopher Hockey player....with pink socks.  Whatever.  She is the cutest hockey girl around and though the "costume" was not great, it got her lots of loot.

Later on that night, my middle son wanted to do a costume that was not appropriate from school and ditched his chalk brother and became a zombie.  My brother was the make up artist for him and it turned out quite gross.  He even made a few kids cry.
Chubby Hubby and I did our annual Halloween Party and we got into the spirit too.

 Yes, in case you are confused about my costume.....I really did go as a marathon runner.  Lame but it worked in a pinch.  Chubby Hubby went as the dude from Breaking Bad (never saw it).  Does anyone want to guess what my brother is.  Here is a HINT.  Ahhhh fun times.


Back to School:
I am officially enrolled as a student again.  I am excited and terrified all at the same time.  I start January 14th!  I visited the campus and I felt like such an old coot.  I had the stark realization that my oldest child was only about eight years younger than most of these kids while I am over TWENTY years older.   I was assured by my advisor that I would not be the only adult in my program (WHAT? Do I not look 18?  Why would he say that to me?).  Aside from a potential midlife crisis, I am ready to jump in and learn something new.  Current anxiety.....do people still take notes in class with pen and paper?



Running:
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.  What running?
Actually, I have not been running because I have had a wicked run in with Bronchitis.  I have not had even close to a full night sleep in over a week and I have coughed so hard that my Chiropractor has  had put my ribs back into place.  Finally today, I had enough and I checked myself into the ER.  I have been  progressively getting worse over the last few weeks and I got tired of peeing my pants from coughing so hard so went to rule out pneumonia.  Good news, no pneumonia.  Bad news, I still feel like ass and still have wicked bronchitis that had to just work itself out.  After a few breathing treatments and a cocktail of different drugs, I am breathing a bit easier.   I am taking it easy as directed for the next week and hopefully NEXT Monday waddle my way around the neighborhood and call it a run.  For now, you just have to put up with me whining because that is what I do best when I am sick.

So that is the skinny of the last month.  I am hopeful that Chubby Hubby will be gainfully employed soon and that I will not clear out rooms with my coughing fits.  Cheers to Thanksgiving week!!  How the hell is it Thanksgiving already??????








6 comments:

Losing Lindy said...

As you might or not know, I was just unemployed for 6 ish weeks. It is the most miserable, depressing circumstance I have ever been in. I gained 15 pounds. Not even kidding. I wish I was. Please be kind and understanding to him. I highly doubt he will find employment during the holidays, and it is soooo frustrating. I don't want to be a downer, but it was by far one of the worst experiences of my life. I am the ONLY income bringer and all of a sudden in one day neither of us had insurance. This was my first time being laid off. I had the best luck via linked in and indeed.com

Michelle Dragoo said...

praying your hubby finds something soon. and of course great to hear from you!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Ha, you used the word 'coot'!

Carolina John said...

I'm just glad that this post makes me NOT be the last person in 'Merica to post halloween pics of their kids. Thanks for that!

I do hope the hubby gets a new gig lined up soon.

Al's CL Reviews said...

I second that Linked In and Indeed.com were the best 2 sources for jobs when I was laid off.

I hope CH gets a job soon.

I love the stick people costume.

Jess said...

Wow, what a whirlwind!