Thursday, January 10, 2013

Diva's Dance Class

This past August my daughter announced that she would NEVER do dance class again.  I popped a bottle of champagne and called my BFF and told her the good news.  She shared my joy as her daughter made the same claim.  We were not going to sit though another year of torture of sitting through dance class.  Yes,  it is all about us. 

At that point, I should have shut my big fat mouth.

On the day of the sign up, I was about to recycle the registration forms when I asked one last time "Are you SURE you do not want to do dance this year?"  It was then that she did a 180 and begged me to sign her up. She even put a tutu on to prove her point that she LOVED dance enough to do it again for another year.  If you know my daughter, this is not something she gets excited about wearing.  She couldn't wait to dance again.  Crap.  If I had only kept my mouth shut and burned the forms she would not have known anything about it.  I called my BFF and told her it was game on and to get her daughter signed up ASAP.  She called me a string of profane names and I just responded, "see you Wednesday, save me a seat".

My daughter enjoys dance class.  She has friends that are in the class including her own BFF, she loves the teacher, and just loves to shake her bootie.  Like me, she is not a fan of all of the "girly" things including the frilly costumes.  This was a photo before her recital last year and she was not a fan of the "sparkles". 


Last night we received our costumes for this year's recital.   HIDEOUS (sorry if you are reading Ms. Carrie).  This costume has cat ears!!!  CAT EARS!!!!! Now Diva is smiling in this photo but she had a few snide comments about what she was wearing (apple does not fall far from the tree).  She got pretty upset when I told her she looked like Honey Boo Boo


I did sneak in my 2 mile run last night.  It was pretty slow but I am running longer without coughing.  I got home from my run 2 minutes before we had to leave for dance. I threw on dry clothes and masked the smell of sweat with BioFreeze....it was all I could find.  Classy, I know.  I thought maybe the smell would keep people away...no such luck.  I did however learn more about preschool discipline and what to do when mommy is sick. 

Two more miles are on the calendar tonight.

1 comment:

Michelle Dragoo said...

awh this is precious! LOL!