Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

How is it already 2013?  I swear each year goes by faster and faster.  I have to say that I am glad 2012 is over.  It was not a bad year, in fact there were several highlights such as:
  • Completing Grandma's Marathon
  • Completing my first triathlon
  • My 20 year class reunion
  • Going to Arizona to run a half marathon
  • Hanging out in Florida for RnR
Our family did have a few curve balls thrown our way and my hope that 2013 will bring better luck. 

Normally I elaborate on the past year's events and list my goals for the new year.  I really haven't put much thought into it....yet.....give me a few days and I will have list.

I did kickoff the new year by running a 5K with some girlfriends.  When I woke up I didn't know if the race would be in the cards for me.  I have been battling the lingering side effects of influenza and was not sure if it was a good idea to run in the extreme cold.  I really wanted to go back to bed but the thought of losing the money paid for the registration ended up being the reason I toed the starting line.  To cut to the chase, I finished in 40:57.  Though it was not a speedy finish, I am happy with the time.  I ran most of the race and took a couple of walk breaks because of coughing fits.  I felt it was a good way to start 2013 and blow the sick stink off myself.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Nora said...

Great job on the Polar Dash! I was there too - you probably saw me, I was the one in the penguin hat.

Megsie said...

I love your penguin hat! Congratulations on your run. I walked yesterday, and that was enough. I am going out this morning too. Maybe I can make it a habit?

Al's CL Reviews said...

Great job on the 5K!