Thursday, January 3, 2013

Three Things Thursday

NUMBER ONE
I have deemed 2013 as the year of my "Big Fat Midlife Crisis".  In exactly 350 days, I will turn 40.  Seriously, how am I knocking on the next decade's door?  I still feel (and act) like I am in high school.  I truthfully do not have a problem with turning 40 but I am using it as an excuse to make 2013 all about me (Well, all about me as much as three kids and working full-time will allow)!!! Here is the list of some of the things you can expect from me this year and please don't question my sanity...hence this is why I have called it my midlife crisis.

  • Polar Dash- 1/1/13-DONE
  • Back to school 1/14/13
  • Half of a Half 10K-2/16/13
  • Get Lucky Half Marathon -3/16/13
  • Goldy's Run 10 Miler-4/13/13
  • Grandma's Marathon -6/22/13
  • YWCA Triathlon -8/18/13
  • Warrior Dash -9/6/13 (though I VOWED never again, I can't pass up a good Groupon)
  • Twin Cities Marathon 10/6/13
  • Get a new job -ASAP (which is not as easy as it sounds)
That is just a few of the things I am throwing around.  You did read it right, no one but TWO marathons!!!Chubby Hubby is THRILLED about that fact!!! God willing, I will be able and injury free to do everything I want to do.


 
NUMBER TWO Last month I was send a copy of a book titled Fat Chance to review.  This is a interactive workbook that challenges your thinking, lifestyle, and eating habits to encourage weight loss.  I was intrigued so I decided to review it by following the 12 week program.  I am a sucker for a good pen and paper type journal; this is right up my alley.  Though I didn't mention it above, weight loss is on the 2013 to do list (as if it has not been on there for the last two decades).  I started yesterday and I will post about the journey at least weekly.  I hope I look a little smaller in twelve weeks.  If you are interested in participating, you can get your own copy HERE.
 
image courtesy of Amazon.com
 NUMBER THREE
I am back to living gluten free.  After Thanksgiving, I gave up and ate whatever I wanted.  I didn't realize how good I felt not having gluten in my diet until I started eating it again.  Back in October I found out I had a wheat allergy and when I gave up wheat/gluten and a lot of chronic symptoms disappeared.  Since I tempted fate, the headaches are back, my joints are sore, my stomach is out of control, and my sinuses are plugged.  I love my beer and bread but it is not worth it to feel this way.  I am looking forward to feeling better and having more energy.

5 comments:

Carolina John said...

Grandma's and TC? Great call! That's going to be a blast. What a good year!

Megsie said...

1. Another crazy running schedule...good for you!
2. I am eager to read how that workbook works
3. What class are you taking and where? Did you already write that? I knew you were taking a class, but I can't remember the details. I am also too lazy to go looking.

TooeleTwins said...

Gluten free beer. I'm just sayin

Kelley Fountain said...

That's a full running schedule - I am not that well planned. I only have one on my list so far

Sky Yoga Studio said...

Good luck with all of your goals!