Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

There is not enough coffee in the world today to keep my eyes open.  We had one of those weekends where all we did was run (and I don't mean for exercise).  We spend most of the weekend doing hockey related activities and we have set a new record ..... 14 hours of hockey on Saturday.  We had tournament volunteer shifts to fulfil, a couple of kid games, a practice, and we rounded it out with a Gopher Hockey game (date night...we are pretty exciting).   It is a good thing we loved every minute of it! 

Friday night was the only day I got a run in this weekend.  It was in the 40's and it was raining.  I loved it and it felt almost like a springtime run.  Almost.  I ran two miles.  My plan was to run this same route on Saturday and Sunday too but all that rain we got.... froze.  Putting me and ice together is a recipe for disaster.  I could have worked out indoors but time wise didn't work out.  So, I am a gal full of excuses this Monday morning.

I start school TONIGHT!  I can't really express how I feel about it yet.  I am excited because I am doing something I am interested in doing.  I am scared because I have not been a student for a very long time.  I am nervous because it is new.  I also think I am a tad overwhelmed even before starting because of the added commitment on my already crazy schedule.  Then there are my insecurities, will I be the oldest in the class?  How to people take notes these days?  Will I be able to keep up?  blah, blah, blah.  I am trying to stop over thinking and just jump into it.  After all, this will be my life for at least the next year.  GULP.

My class is not until 6PM tonight. I hope to get home, get a quickie in (running that is!!), and wolf down some dinner before heading to school. 

Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Megsie said...

You are there right now! I am so excited for you! I just know you will find your calling. :)

Autumn in July said...

Whew. I need coffee just thinking about all that! Lol!

Autumn in July said...

I hope class went alright too!

Michelle Dragoo said...

Great work, and can't wait to hear about school!