Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thunder Snow

It is April 11th and we are in the middle of a snow storm.  Not just any snow storm, but one that is accompanied by thunder and lightning.  Interesting.  I can honestly say that this might be a weather first for me.  I know you are all jealous of where I live!  To all my wonderful Facebook friends that are posting photos of sunny weather and kids swimming, I would like you to know that I am flipping you off as I sit here "liking" your photos.  Don't worry, soon enough I will be complaining about how hot and humid it is.

What I cannot complain about right now is my running.  I have been getting out there and pounding the pavement.  Slowly but surely, I am starting to feel like a runner.  I have not felt this good in YEARS.  I sure hope I don't jinx myself but running is FUN again!  I don't think I will be caught up on my training plan for Grandma's Marathon but I think if I can keep up what I am doing and get to 16-18 miles as my longest run that I will be fine.  My goal for Grandma's is to finish and have fun.  My goal for Twin Cities is a lofty PR of 4:30 or at least that is what I am going to shoot for.

A short, sweet post about nothing today.  I will get back into the blogging routine.  I sure miss it.





3 comments:

Michelle Dragoo said...

great to see a post. You can do anything you set your mind to, hon! I just know it!

Carolina John said...

hahaha, ok enjoy the snow. Thunder and lightning during snow? I've never heard of that one before, much less seen it. But we get almost no snow here(stop flipping me off) so that's ok

becomingmegsie said...

That WAS weird, wasn't it? My kids were shocked when the lightning flashed and it was a loud long rumble. I am so happy to hear that you are having fun with running! That seems like an oxymoron to me!