Friday, October 18, 2013

Socks that Rock!

I had the opportunity to review the Experia Crew-Powered by THORLO Pads.   These are new to market as of October 1, 2013.  I was excited to try these because I am a huge fan of Thorlos products and their socks have been with me for over a decade and many many miles.


Interesting Fact:
There are pads of fat in your feet.  I guess I never thought about foot fat before, so this is news to me.  This foot fat degenerates as we age (I wish belly fat was the same way).  Once this fat is gone, it is gone for good.  Thorlos make a variety of padded socks for all sorts of different activities and they have been clinically tested to provide aching feet some protection.  You can read more about it HERE.


My Review

The Look:
No complaints from me as far as how they look.  I like the style and it makes it easy to identify in the sea of socks that my family of 5 produces.

The Feel:
It was love at first fit.  They were padded at the toes and the heels, yet thin and cool on the rest of the foot.  The sock fit at the perfect spot on my calf and the tube of the sock (is this the correct term?) was perfect weight.  It was not heavy enough to be too hot, but thick enough for cold weather.

The Performance:
It was pointed out to me that Experia offers the LEAST amount of foot protection from the line of Thorlos socks and is designed for people that are currently NOT feeling foot pain.  Well you could have fooled me!  I am still have intermittent foot pain that comes and goes when I run.  Since I have just finish a marathon, it has been a little more frequent.  The silly person that I am, I still run on it since there seems to be "nothing wrong" as per the doctor.  These socks provided some great cushion in the right spots.  I tested these socks on three different runs....foot pain was not piercing (which is a huge improvement).
The runs that I wore them on were wet cold days.  My ankles were warm and my feet stayed dry.  What gives these socks my second thumbs up an a spot on my official favorite things list is that the socks did not fall down or scrunch up around the ankles.  They stayed put!  I normally would not buy crew socks because they don't stay up.  I may have a new winter favorite!

The Investment:
These socks are not cheap.  But I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for.  These quality socks run from 14.99-20.99.  Expensive yes....however....I am going to note that I still have my very first pair of Thorlos from 2001 and I still use them.  In my opinion they are a runner's must have and worth every penny!

For more information and to purchase, please visit:

https://www.thorlo.com

Thank you Thorlos for the opportunity to test and review the Experia Crew.
Disclaimer:  I was provided one pair of Experia Crew socks free of charge, however, the test and review are my own.

1 comment:

Diana said...

I feel like someone's just told me that I won the lottery!
Can't wait to feel good again!