Friday, November 1, 2013

November Goals

Happy November!  How is it November already?  More importantly, how have I been blogging for 6 years???  Wow time flies when you flood the internet with boring details of your life!!

First things first I need to do a happy dance because I have an announcement.  For the first time EVER (okay perhaps a bit of an overstatement) I didn't gain 10lbs in October.  I stayed away from all Halloween candy. All of it.  Are you admiring my will power?

Well don't.

I cheated, kind of.  I had some sort of a stomach bug which left me with no appetite. None.  I must have been really sick to not touch one Reese's Peanut Butter Cup or Snickers.  Not one.  Usually I cannot stop once I start.

Or perhaps it was the sight of my children that made me sick:


Whatever works, right? I am chalking this up to a huge win and a great start to the Holidays!



The first of the month always renews my motivation.  Since I haven't done much since the marathon I am laying out my November goals:
  • A run a day.  I would like to round out November with running everyday...even if it is just a mile. I of course am using the word running loosely....jog, walk crawl will also count in my book.
  • Go to yoga 4 times.  This should be a doable goal but it is hard to find time in the schedule.  I miss it and my state of mind needs it.
  • No chips.  I seem to have developed an insane addition to these things and it is not helping the scale.  So I am vowing to be one month chip free.
  • End November lighter than I started.
Those are my few simple goals for the next 30 days.  What are yours?

4 comments:

becomingmegsie said...

Awesome Sauce! I love it when the stomach bug is worth it. Your goals sound great. (I am eating chips RIGHT NOW by the way...) My goal: One sentence a day. Who knows? It might happen!

Running Librarian said...

hmm I like your run at least a mile a day..I may have to steal this one..

Great job on staying away from the candy!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Whoah- we were doing good there until you mentioned chips. Now all I can think about are CHIPS, CHIPS, CHIPS!! Your kids were adorable (I mean that in the scariest way possible.)

Nicole Hayward said...

Well since I have not been running for a while, my goad is to be able to run a mile with out stopping to walk