Saturday, February 1, 2014

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

It has been two full months and five days since my last blog post.  As I may have mentioned my dad is a avid and probably the only reader of this blog and he always gets on me when I do not update my posts in a timely manner.  This time when my dad suggested I do a post, he suggested that I do a farewell to everyone and hang up my blog.

I was a little sad by his comment.  HANG IT UP???!!  No way!  This has been my piece of the interwebs for over 6 years (yes, over half of a decade!!). But, the man has a point.  My posts have been dwindling and I have been suffering from a massive case of writer's block (brain hemorrhoids).

I thought about long and hard about what to do.  I have made the decision to keep on blogging.  I am going to probably spin off in other directions but my primary focus will still be my life as a runner.  I have a lot coming up this year and I am going to need a place to attention whore myself. 

Stay tuned.

10 comments:

Running Librarian said...

welcome back! I think we all ebb and flow with our blogs..

PiccolaPineCone said...

yeah well, my dad told me I should get a smart car because they are fuel efficient... never mind the four year old, the two year old, their car seats, the stroller and 5 gizillion things we must bring with us every time we go out. Point being, Dad's don't always give the best advice (um, no offence Carly's dad!). The thing about blogging is that there is no real commitment there right? You do it when you can and don't when you cannot for whatever reason (says the woman who last posted in November). There's nothing wrong, i think, with a blog that hangs for 6 months or more...

Mimi C said...

I'm still reading!

becomingmegsie said...

I am still here too! I am sporadic with my blog too. We are busy people! Don't leave completely!! xoxoxo

Sheetal@mefatfree said...

I will still follow you!

Diana said...

Carly-
I love reading your blog and I do hope you stick with your decision to keep it going!
I love your writing and it's kind of sentimental to me because I got to "know" you reading it and it then brought us together to meet while I was in St. Paul.
Life schedules go up and down...don't feel obligated to "daily" blog, just keep checking in every now and then so we can keep up with your craziness!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I still read.

Carolina John said...

Attention Whore's unite!

Lisa Isenberger said...

yay for staying!

Lesley Looper said...

Glad you decided to stay!