Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Killing the Writers Block

Over the past several months I have had a massive case of Writer's Block.  I didn't mean to stop writing.  In fact, I have sat in front of a screen about 100 times trying to dump all of the things trapped in my head.  Winter kicked my ass and sent me into a major funk.  I couldn't make myself do ANYTHING.   Tonight I am forcing myself to write.  I have parked myself in front of the computer and told myself that I am not getting up until there is a blog post published.  Well, I do have to get up and do my laundry because if you think my blog has been neglected, you should see my laundry room!


The last 6 months of my life can be summed up in 3 words:
Frozen
Hockey
Sick

If you don't believe me, here is the run down from October to April.  It is quite pathetic.

  • Strep Throat
  • Hockey
  • Stomach Flu
  • Hockey
  • Bronchitis (8 WEEKS!!!!)
  • Hockey
  • 40th Birthday
  • The Holidays
  • Signed up for 2 Marathons
  • Hockey
  • New Project for Work
  • Polar Vortex Hell
  • Hockey
  • Cold
  • Another Cold
  • Hockey
  • Strep Throat Round 2
  • Spring Hockey

You might have noticed half way through the list that I SIGNED UP FOR TWO MARATHONS.  You may also have noticed that you don't see running/working out/ training on that list.   Mother Nature has shown no mercy and she clearly doesn't care the I have a spring marathon in less than 12 weeks. Yes…I am blaming Mother Nature for my mental and physical demise.

I had very good reasons to sign up for these races (err….perhaps a midlife crisis) and now I am starting my training with only 12 weeks to go.  Folks, do not try this at home. A couch to Marathon in 12 weeks is not recommended.   Most of you are not like me and have some common sense.  I of course will torture myself and risk injury to get across that finish line.  

Spring is in the air and we are starting to see grass.  I am completely ignoring the fact that we are supposed to get more snow.  I have gone out for a couple of 3 milers and the bod is a bit rusty.  I am hoping that it only lasts a couple of weeks before it is comfortable again.

I am looking forward to writing about this training cycle as well as some new topics.  This blog will be morphing a bit.

Mission accomplished.  A blog post is published.  I didn't promise it was going to be good!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome Back! I know it's been a long winter. My running went by the way-side too... Recently got on the scale and didn't like what I saw. Going to kick butt now... Good luck in your Marathons. You'll do amazing!!

becomingmegsie said...

Um. It is kinda snowy this morning...Be careful out there!

Sorry you were so sick this winter! I didn't know that! I hope that sick season is over even if Winter will never leave.

xoxxox

scott123smith said...

hi friends
your blog post is more infoormative
thanks to join me food is very neccessary to live and which type of food taken by us 'that main thing
because healthy food also good for our healthy fitness
................
Health Ideas

Meagan James said...

Nice to see website you may also visit my site REWMania.com