Sunday, July 6, 2014

Catching Up-Photo Style


 I have been trying to figure out how to make my big blog comeback.  More times than I can count I sat and stared at a blank Blogger page.  So rather than doing on of my famous ADHD bullet point posts, I am doing it in photos to recap the last few months.




 Last Day of School

Last day of school.  They passed and I now have a 6th, 4th, and 1st grader!
  
5th Grade Graduate.  Lord help me....I have a middle schooler!!

5th grade graduation party.  I have been with these awesome parents since preschool.  Don't ask what is in the cups.  haha

Kid Sports....BTS (Big Time Sucker)

Me rocking the hockey mom role by telling Diva to skate hard or she won't see a meal for a week.
The middle child is giving Lacrosse a try.  It is fun and the games remind me of the Hunger Games.  My boy is in the net.
My oldest is also doing hockey during the summer.
Our new vehicle.  With this crazy sports schedule, I live in it and this is what the cargo area usually looks like.  



Grandmas Marathon


I didn't end up running the 26.2 because I wasn't ready and I wasn't going to push it.  I was sad to drop out but I know that it won't be my last race.  Sh#t happens.  BUT.....




Wow someone that looks just like Kelli and I were running Grandma's Half Marathon.  They are a couple of spot on doppelgangers!


My doppelganger finished in 2:55. 

And she even ran into BOBBI!  By the way....she ROCKED the 26.2 mile course  


  Other Stuff

I tried my hand at painting.....ummmmm yeah....nothing like the master work.  I will keep my day job


Represented #Teamemergen-C at Richfield's Family Night
It was a hit with the hockey crowd!
Still dealing with my horrific allergies.  Those drugs are all mine.

Red White and Boom Half Marathon

Michele and I pre-race

Finished!  3:12 Personal Worst....but still fun.


A few points about that race:
  • It was hot and buggy
  • At mile 2 I asked Michele if there was anyone behind us.  She said "Just the parade" aka the SAG wagon
  • We walked it because neither one of us was run ready
  • At mile 8 one of the volunteers said we looked "pretty good"....hahahahaha even she knew we were dying
  • I had no idea there are such brutal hills in Minneapolis.
  • Awesome course.  Tough Course.  Thankful I finished.
  • She was a bit ticked off after learning we parked 1.5 miles away from the start/finish line.  If you are doing the math.....that is 3 extra miles of walking just to save $5.00.  That was all my fault.
  • This race was put on by Twin Cities Marathon and they know how to throw a great event!
Alright....I am promising myself that I am going to be back to regular scheduled blog programming.  I miss it and I have a lot of stuff to blog about now that I am caught up.

2 comments:

becomingmegsie said...

Busy as always! Nice to catch up with you...xo

Al's CL Reviews said...

The kids are so big!

Great post.